• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club/Bonus/Rescued

7SeasLover

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at the HGVC reservation point booking I-Drive Orlando. It's asking if I want to use Club Points or Bonus points! I have 5,000 club, 5,000 rescued and 5,000 bonus sitting there. What should I use first?

This is the first time I have made an HGVC reservation.

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
Use whatever will expire first.
Check the dates when your bonus points are good until vs. rescued points valid until end of 2012.

Reaction score
If you expect to convert any HGVC (club or bonus) points to Hilton Honors points, use your club points now and convert your bonus points to HH points when the time comes. It costs nothing to convert bonus points to HH points (I can't remember what it costs to convert club points to HH, maybe $49?). You can also convert bonus points to HH right up until the day before they expire, whereas club points must be converted the year BEFORE they're current (making conversion of rescued points impossible anyway).

Reaction score
How do I check the expiration dates?

You SHOULD be able to see the expiration dates on the first page after logging in, although I've noticed that information is not displaying properly for some reason. A quick call to customer service should get you the answers you need (until they start charging for that, too). :hysterical:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'd say that the bonus points should be used first. Conversion to HHonors is a poor use of points. You get far more bang of your buck by using them for HGVC stays. IOW, conversion should be a last resort for leftovers.

Rescued points go poof on 12/31, but you can deposit them to RCI and thus, extend their useful life by 12 more months. Of course, that means a trip to some dorky RCI resort. If you want to avoid that, move the rescued points to the top of the list.

Club points can also be saved from expiring on 12/31 with a rescue to 2013 or a deposit to RCI for 2013+2014. I'd put them last on the list.

7SeasLover

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to USE the points. I converted 5000 to 2012, so I really want to use points for 2012.

I will book the HGVC I-Drive in Orlando, once I get biopsy results. If bad, I won't be able to handle a trip to Florida. I'll have to book a week in Las Vegas or some other HGVC place to rest.

I may cruise to Mexico simply cuz we can drive to/from the port from home. I have 2 more yeas to use my Princess Cruise deposit.

If I book I-Drive now and I end up having to cancel, I lose the $49 reservation fee. (That sucks.)