• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Closings on Kaua’i

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
We walked over to the Hyatt and heard it is going to close on this Thursday.

We had one more week here at the Pointe at Po’ipu and DRI cancelled it yesterday saying they are going temporarily close the resort. We would have left on April 5th. Some friends that are here have a reservation until the 4th and they are able to stay. For us the cancellation was OK because we had already decide to come back early: this Friday.

I don’t know anything, but I can’t imagine the Marriotts won’t be far behind.

Also heard that the United non-stop flight from DEN to LIH no longer flies. The same for the American flight from PHX to LIH.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am at Waiohai now, via II, until April 5th. So far my reservation is intact, no talk of closing the resort or kicking us out. Amenities are closed though. No hot tubs, pool, bbq, etc.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We walked over to the Hyatt and heard it is going to close on this Thursday.

We had one more week here at the Pointe at Po’ipu and DRI cancelled it yesterday saying they are going temporarily close the resort. We would have left on April 5th. Some friends that are here have a reservation until the 4th and they are able to stay. For us the cancellation was OK because we had already decide to come back early: this Friday.

I don’t know anything, but I can’t imagine the Marriotts won’t be far behind.

Also heard that the United non-stop flight from DEN to LIH no longer flies. The same for the American flight from PHX to LIH.
If they're limiting the flights in, they must be limiting the flights out. Were you able to get reservations home? Traffic at rush hour in the Twin Cities right now is so light it's eerie.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I just left PatP and Kauai a week ago, just in time after 3 amazing weeks. DRI stated they are closing resorts in accordance with govt reqts so more to come. Flights in and out could become an issue as noted above. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were able to get out. Leaving on Friday on the non-stop from HNL. Some friends who are here decided today to leave on Friday and they were able to get the same connection back to MSP. Other friends that came on American out of PHX left today, but the connection was LIH/SFO/DFW/MSP!! Going to be a long day for them!

Art- it is eerie here too. There is nobody around. There were three people at the pool. The poolside Bar & Grill has limited hours and I can’t believe it won’t be closed by the end of the week. Not even seeing the housekeepers around. We were supposed to be cleaned today, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. Frankly it is not really necessary since we only have two more nights.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were able to get out. Leaving on Friday on the non-stop from HNL. Some friends who are here decided today to leave on Friday and they were able to get the same connection back to MSP. Other friends that came on American out of PHX left today, but the connection was LIH/SFO/DFW/MSP!! Going to be a long day for them!

Art- it is eerie here too. There is nobody around. There were three people at the pool. The poolside Bar & Grill has limited hours and I can’t believe it won’t be closed by the end of the week. Not even seeing the housekeepers around. We were supposed to be cleaned today, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. Frankly it is not really necessary since we only have two more nights.
I'm glad you got a flight home. Who would want to be homeless in Hawaii? In case you hadn't heard, today Gov. Walz issued a 'Stay Home' executive order for 2 weeks in Minnesota.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today Delta Cancelled the non-stop from HNL to MSP, so now we are headed back through SEA. At least we are getting home!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today Delta Cancelled the non-stop from HNL to MSP, so now we are headed back through SEA. At least we are getting home!
So few people are flying now, I've heard that many flights are getting canceled. There will be some nicer weather to look forward to.

1585257700311.png