• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Clever Ideas

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Reactions: RX8

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That is awesome!

adrianasmith

Reaction score
Here are some clever ideas:

• Use a piece of cardboard to create a makeshift laptop stand. This will help to improve your posture and make it easier to see your screen.
  • Use a binder clip to hold your phone in place while you're cooking. This will free up your hands so you can focus on the task at hand.
  • Use a rubber band to keep your earbuds from getting tangled. This is a simple and effective way to keep your earbuds organized.
  • Use a water bottle to create a makeshift air freshener. Simply add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the water bottle and shake it up.
  • Use a paper clip to open a stuck jar. This is a simple and effective way to get a jar open without having to use a lot of force.
  • Use a safety pin to hold your hair back while you're working out. This will keep your hair out of your face and help you to stay focused.
  • Use a rubber band to keep your socks together. This is a simple way to keep your socks from getting lost in the laundry.
  • Use a twist tie to keep your cables organized. This is a simple and effective way to keep your cables from getting tangled..

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really need to work on my sheets. I have stored them like that for years, but they are not flat.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I really need to work on my sheets. I have stored them like that for years, but they are not flat.
Same here, my mom taught me years ago to do that as well as how to fold fitted sheets. However, it’s clear to me that they ironed the fitted sheet after laying it down, or else it’s a brand-new sheet!

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Muffin tins -- I used those so much when my daughter was young for zillions of projects.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's so nice when a beloved TUGger has an old thread reincarnated. It's almost like they're still with us. Thanks, Karen G :censored:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Beware - this is likely to be pearls of wisdom from a spammer.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might be, but with no links, and a chance to revisit one of Karen G's threads, it was worth the chance.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They can't post links until they have a certain number of posts, so usually they post 4-5 fluff posts and then BAM.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
It's so nice when a beloved TUGger has an old thread reincarnated. It's almost like they're still with us. Thanks, Karen G :censored:

I gave her a “like” on her post. Never too late to do so.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

I always get suspicious when a new account resurrects an old thread, in this case 12 years old. The first thing I did was look at the profile. Doesn’t appear that they even own a timeshare. There is a link on their TUG about me profile to an Australian website for reviews about various things. So, you just may be correct. If not, welcome adrianasmith!