• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cleaning/Disinfecting timeshare unit

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks for posting this. Interesting that the CDC messaging has not changed much but the media is reporting a change in guidance. This is why the messaging is so confusing, between the experts changing guidance, confusing messaging (like this in the CDC’s website) and the media headlining certain messages (that may or may not be true), it gets very confusing as to what is really going on. Also I noticed the Dr Birx said you should wear a mask whenever you can‘t keep 6’ social distance. She seemed to put a disclaimer on wearing a mask, at least in one of the articles I was reading that someone posted on TUG. The health experts remind me of my dog who goes through his various responses (gives me his paw, rolls over, etc) no matter what command I make. He is just hoping one of these responses works to get the treat he is expecting after a command but he is not sure which response will work.

Update: I just saw Dr Birx on the Chris Wallace show. She said you need to wear a mask when you can’t social distance. This appears to be a disclaimer and this implies you do not need to wear a mask when you can maintain 6’ distance.

I just watched it too. I didn’t take it like you. I felt she thought the importance of the mask was significant. When Chris asked her what she would tell the man in the store...Exact words are

WALLACE: I'm asking you a public health question, not a legal question.
What would you tell someone who says I have a right not to wear a mask in public?

BIRX: What we have said to people is there's clear scientific evidence now by all the droplet experiments that happened and that others have done to show that a mask does prevent droplets from reaching others. And out of respect for each other, as Americans that care for each other, we need to be wearing masks in public when we cannot social distance. It's really critically important. We have the scientific evidence of how important mask wearing is to prevent those right droplets from reaching others.

IMO when someone is in a closed store and says they stay 6 feet away from everyone, I doubt that is happening. People are passing by each other, at the cashier you are not six feet away. Makes me thinks she meant outdoors too.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Dr Birx said people should wear masks IF they can’t social distance. This is different than saying people should wear masks anytime in public. Why does she keep putting the disclaimer on mask wearing?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just watched it too. I didn’t take it like you. I felt she thought the importance of the mask was significant. When Chris asked her what she would tell the man in the store...Exact words are

WALLACE: I'm asking you a public health question, not a legal question.
What would you tell someone who says I have a right not to wear a mask in public?

BIRX: What we have said to people is there's clear scientific evidence now by all the droplet experiments that happened and that others have done to show that a mask does prevent droplets from reaching others. And out of respect for each other, as Americans that care for each other, we need to be wearing masks in public when we cannot social distance. It's really critically important. We have the scientific evidence of how important mask wearing is to prevent those right droplets from reaching others.

IMO when someone is in a closed store and says they stay 6 feet away from everyone, I doubt that is happening. People are passing by each other, at the cashier you are not six feet away. Makes me thinks she meant outdoors too.

This is what I said she said: “we need to be wearing masks in public when we cannot social distance.”