• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas Mountain Dells - RCI Trade Question

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to determine which unit you are getting when trading in? You use to be able to hold then release and then decipher the code to determine if it was a villa, cabin or cottage. There is a huge difference between the villa and cottage for instance and wondering if anyway to know what unit you are getting?

Thanks in advance for any info

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is, but if it two baths then better chance of being a villa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think RCI tells you the number of baths. They really should put the different sections into separate codes or list the bathrooms or the private sleeping capacity for resorts that have big differences in the sleeping configurations. The other work around was using the mobile RCI site but they took that work around to see the unit numbers (for the resorts that submitted that info to RCI) as well.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is, but if it two baths then better chance of being a villa

I thought that too, we trade in there a ton as I have cheap TPUs (keep raising fees it will be cheaper to rent from an owner) but for baths all the 2bs just say "FULL" even in the unit type section. I use to love the old way to get an idea of what you are getting. I use to hold out for the villas but if I did take a cottage or cabin at least I would know where it was located. I'm not a big fan of the cottages and those cabins are tiny. The difference between the villas and other two is HUGE. Thanks for the reply.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried the live chat and the agent advised "The unit number is not listed as it is assigned upon check in by the resort"...which I think is bs because I think they assign a unit # the V123 or C50 code when they send a confirmation to you. Oh well........

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is bs, because each has a different ownership originally. But if vacation club books, do those three types have same amount of points to Book? I am pretty sure cabin and cottage are same size, villa at least sixty percent bigger

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes all same points, in the past I would put on hold and when you released it would give you the unit # so I could look it up. I really think it does CMV a disservice as people who don't know any better and get a cottage or cabin will be disappointed in what the get, plus I don't trade in there as I want to know what I'm getting before I lock it in. 6 in a cottage or cabin is pretty darn tight. If they would separate them out I think it would be better for them - the Timbers is separated as different RCI #, but hey what do we know...RCI know better then us right!?!?!?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the predecessor to Bluegreen knew it was a problem, and when they build the Timbers, they started a new RCI number. then deluxe timbers, townhiuses were put in that group.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The easy way to do it with in the same configuration would be to designate some 6(4) and some 6(2) for private sleeping capacity or call the smallest 2 br units 5(2) or some such.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
The easy way to do it with in the same configuration would be to designate some 6(4) and some 6(2) for private sleeping capacity or call the smallest 2 br units 5(2) or some such.

I wonder if they can add the Villas to the Timbers? They are very close and compatible vs what they are in comparison to the cabins/cottages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score

The problem is that technically they have the same sleeping arrangements.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is that technically they have the same sleeping arrangements.

They could list # of bathrooms that would help but I don't think RCI does that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk