• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christmas at Bonnet Creek

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there are any roasting pans and a whisk in the units? I am thinking about cooking a turkey for Christmas at Bonnet Creek! OK well just thinking about it... it might depend on how sensitive the fire alarm units are in the builiding- no judgments people, no judgments ;) Also do people decorate their balconies with lights etc., there at Christmas? If you have been there at Christmas, what are your tips for enjoying the holiday? What are some of the special things that you and your family did over the busiest season there?? I have not been to Disney during Christmas since I was a young child- many times since then, but never at Christmas, so any of your knowledge and advice is very much appreciated! Thank you for all of your assistance :)

Last edited:

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
I've seen whisks in units, but never a roasting pan. Just cookie sheets, pizza pans, and smaller casserole dishes. We have brought things like crock pots with us when we drive. If you can't bring it with you, maybe buy a roasting bag (My turkey has always come out great this way.) or a large disposable aluminum roasting pan?

We definitely use the kitchens to help keep the food costs down, and we have cooked large holiday meals too. But we still go out to dinner at least a couple times so that it still seems like a vacation.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whisk might cost $7 in the local grocery store.

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have spent several years celebrating Christmas at Bonnett Creek. I always buy the disposable aluminum roasting pan to cook my turkey in. Yes the units have a wisk and a couple of baking dishes/pyrex bowls. You can call the front desk and ask them if they have something that is not in your unit, (I had to call for a potato masher). We have always hung a string of Christmas lights on the balcony. I have also used Command removable hooks to hang Christmas stockings from the counter top.
As far as your Disney plans go, be prepared for huge crowds. They will close the park when it reaches capacity. If you buy your tickets ahead of time take advantage of the Fast Pass -you can choose 3 rides or attractions for each day of your visit. I highly recommend this for fast-passing a spot for a parade. Also book any Disney Dining reservations now. I'm sure a lot of the venues are completely sold out. Disney will allow you to bring snacks and drinks in to the park. (No glass). All of the quick service lines are always so long during the holidays, we will usually find a spot to sit and have pre-made sandwiches for lunch. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party is alot of fun but this event costs extra. This is the last year for the Osbourne Festival of Lights at Disney's Hollywood studios.
Enjoy your holiday!
-Deb

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
..... This is the last year for the Osbourne Festival of Lights at Disney's Hollywood studios.
Enjoy your holiday!
-Deb

Oh, NO! That was one of the nicest and prettiest parts of a Disney Christmas. You did not have to be religious or into Santa ... it was a wonderful display of lights. And as for the crowds ... everyone is looking UP. Never felt like the place was packed.

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, NO! That was one of the nicest and prettiest parts of a Disney Christmas. You did not have to be religious or into Santa ... it was a wonderful display of lights. And as for the crowds ... everyone is looking UP. Never felt like the place was packed.

This is the only reason we will be braving the crowds for Disney this Christmas.

We too will be at Bonnet Creek and for our holiday dinner, we will grilling steaks and shrimp at the resort.

I have an 18 year old son who is a distance swimmer the only way we can afford to feed him is a buffet or at the resort.