• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Christina (f/k/a El Moussa) and Ant Anstead Split-Up!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's almost as important as the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg...

From TMZ... In reference to the HGTV personality Christina Anstead, formerly Christina El Moussa...

Christina and Ant Anstead are done after less than two years of marriage. She says they are separating.
Christina announced the split Friday, saying she and Ant "made the difficult decision to separate."
She adds ... "We are grateful for each other and as always, our children will remain our priority."
The former couple welcomed their first child, Hudson London Anstead, a little over a year ago.

Ant is Christina's second famous ex. She was previously married to "Flip or Flop" co-star, Tarek El Moussa.

--------------------------------------
Of course, no one really gives a flip.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I sure don't care.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I can't say I'm shocked, but I am a bit surprised.

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Tacky to compare this to the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Ruth Bader Ginsburg died?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - today.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think it's funny to make tongue in cheek comments about someone dying.

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Only from his car show "Wheeler Dealer" did I have any idea who he was. I had no idea he did an HGTV type show.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I liked both Tarek and Ant and found her too edgy.
Perhaps she's not well-suited for marriage, having split from 2 marriages.

The comment about RBG was tongue-in-cheek.
At least gossip about TV personalities isn't political.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know Ant's name, but had no interest in him on her HGTV show. I certainly was not aware he had another show! Christina needs to focus on her kids and step away from the camera. Tarek may be proposing on air to his GF soon, too. Stop, everybody.
I liked the original TV show. Christina was always so bossy though. However, the chemistry worked for the original program. If they invested their money well, both should be millionaires, so put family first now. However, it is hard to walk away from fame....

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I didn't even know Ant's name, but had no interest in him on her HGTV show. I certainly was not aware he had another show! Christina needs to focus on her kids and step away from the camera. Tarek may be proposing on air to his GF soon, too. Stop, everybody.
I liked the original TV show. Christina was always so bossy though. However, the chemistry worked for the original program. If they invested their money well, both should be millionaires, so put family first now. However, it is hard to walk away from fame....
Agreed! So sad and not the Family values of Good Bones or other shows.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I liked both Tarek and Ant and found her too edgy.
Perhaps she's not well-suited for marriage, having split from 2 marriages.

The comment about RBG was tongue-in-cheek.
At least gossip about TV personalities isn't political.

You have to wonder about a person coming off a divorce, remarry so quickly, having another child, and having a career. Thats a lot of competing priorities.

I stopped following WD when Ed left and they reduced the mechanic role, that was much more interesting than the buying/selling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It seem she started dating immediately after the split/divorce. Ant was not the first. There were a few prior. Some people can’t be alone. I hope she takes the time to figure out what she and her family really needs and realizes rebounds don’t work. They did look like the perfect couple looking in. I know personally when a relationship looks so perfect it isn’t usually. You never know what goes on behind closed doors.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
As long as we're judging peoples' private lives: I think Christina is high maintenance, who gets bored easily. She cheated on Tarek before they split up, and it wasn't with Ant. I don't have any idea when Ant came into the picture. Not sure how their paths would even cross. But now that things are boring between the two of them, it's easy to see how she could be attracted to the next shiny thing along her path. I agree, she needs to stay single for awhile, and decide what she's looking for. But serial marriages among the semi-famous is pretty typical. It's all about building their brand. I don't see Christina as ever being a traditional mother.

The kids will be fine, in the end. This is their normal, and as long as their parents are involved in their daily lives, they'll be ok. From what I've seen, (as limited or staged as that may be), all the adults around them seem to be active in the kids' lives. They seem like normal kids to me, especially for being the offspring of pseudo celebrities.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I haven't watched HGTV in quite awhile, but when I was watching I never liked her. I hate to judge other women, but......................

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I haven't watched HGTV in quite awhile, but when I was watching I never liked her. I hate to judge other women, but......................
I agree. Too Barbie? Fake, in other words.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't stand her. So, so fake. The fake hair, the fake teeth. And the whole ew, ew, gross thing. It always seemed like Tarek was working hard and making decisions, and she would come in with three variations on white subway tile, he would agree, and that was her contribution.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh! Plus she was so mean to him. Like if she wasn't around and he chose GRAY subway tile, she would come and mock him and make him rip it out, while berating him for making a design decision without her.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I enjoy watching Ant Anstead on Wheeler Dealers on the MotorTrend channel (he's one hell of a mechanic), and my wife always watched Christina on Flip or Flop on HGTV. Not so much Christina at the beach. When she heard Ant was married to Christina (from seeing what I was watching) , I was surprised when she said "what does Ant want with that bimbo?" If you're a car guy, check out Anthony "Ant" Anstead on MotorTrend. The guy's a wizard!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I watched Tarek and Christina from the first season and my immediate reaction was that she was too dolled up and didn't wear the right clothes for the work she claimed to be doing, and she changed her expensive outfits and handbags far too many times in each episode. It was a very catty reaction, I admit. Then Tarek got sick and they showed an episode where she seemed to be so good to him which made me immediately feel bad about misjudging her. Then we learned about her cheating with one of the contractors they use on the show and I went back to thinking she was too trampy to like. :ROFLMAO:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You may see Tarek roll his eyes, but she seems to smirk a lot.
Like she's thinking, "Everyone around me is a dumb-ass."

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Do we really care about this person?