• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chicago - pizza

bslag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on where the best pizza is in Chicago? (I know highly subjective!). I remember Uno's as being especially good when I went there in college (years ago). Would that still be considered one of the best?

Thanks

hibbeln

TUG Member
Reaction score
Come to Detroit (I see you're a Michigander, too!) and head to PizzaPapalis in Greektown. Their Deep Dish spinach is the thing of dreams.
In Chicago, try Ginos.....
www.ginoseast.com

Now you've made me want some Chicago style pizza!

Enrico

TUG Member
Reaction score
Geno's East - they are all over Chicagoland now, but the original at 162 E. Superior St is my favorite.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
aurelio's pizza I like Uno too.

Reaction score
We've tried Gino's East, Giordano's, and Lou Malnati's. In order of preference: Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, and then Gino's East. In fact, we really disliked Gino's East (E. Superior). A rancid salad was served and when the waiter walked by us and saw it, he replaced it automatically. We also didn't like the pizza crust, the sauce being very water as well.

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gino's is my favorite deep dish, than Lou Malnati's deep dish cheese, and thin crust I love Little Villa in Des Plaines.

Marsha

lilybean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Answer from Native Chicagoan

If you are visiting chicago, I would definitely agree with most of the posters...

you must sample a few to get a true feeling of what defines chicago pizza!

The MUSTS:

Giordanos
Gino's East (the original - just ask a cabbie where)
Uno's (the ORIGINAL -- do NOT go to the chain restaurants! They don't stack up!)

As a native chicagoan who has moved to Charlotte, we miss the pizza most of all! Enjoy!!!!

M

MJones

i can't imagine UNO's being the best pizza there. i never been to chicago <tear> but i lived in Boston my entire life and found UNO's to be sub-par pizza at best. I'm sure this isn't what chicago pizza is all about, if so, i'm totally dissapointed!

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
and they will ship!!

I love Giordano's pizza. Anytime I am in Chicago, I eat here.

Absolutely my favorite - their Spinach-stuffed pizza is to die for.

Ann

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

bslag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. We love pizza - so maybe we'll just eat our way through the weekend!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Gioridano's for us in Chicago and also Orlando.

CalifasGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
rosangela's pizza

I went to Chicago for the first time last summer. I tried Giordano's Pizza, which was very good. It was good to see that Zachary's Pizza in Oakland, CA was mimicking the Chicago pizza style quite well. I haven't tried Uno's, but a Chicago native told me to try Rosangela's Pizza. Anyone try it yet? It's Chicago thin crust rather than the deep dish pizza. I was sad not to get a chance, but I expect that I'll make another trip to Chicago in the future.

The poster who was disappointed in Uno's is confused since there is an Uno's in Chicago--not a chain--and a chain of pizza parlors with the same name. Uno's is only in Chicago, so you can't get it anywhere else.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The poster who was disappointed in Uno's is confused since there is an Uno's in Chicago--not a chain--and a chain of pizza parlors with the same name. Uno's is only in Chicago, so you can't get it anywhere else.

The chain Uno Chicago Grill was derrived from the original idea and location of Pizzeria Uno at Wabash Ave and Ohio St in Chicago. So the two are tied together. While their menus are likely different they are under same ownership/management/franchising agreements. If you go to the chains website all the Chicago locations (including Pizzeria Due) are listed as locations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always thought the original Uno owners opened up "Due" and that's where the good pizza is. We have yet to try Due but I'm sure we will next time we're in Chicago.

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the Silo still around in the Deerfield area? We used to LOVE their pizza!

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to Chicago for the first time last summer. I tried Giordano's Pizza, which was very good. It was good to see that Zachary's Pizza in Oakland, CA was mimicking the Chicago pizza style quite well. I haven't tried Uno's, but a Chicago native told me to try Rosangela's Pizza. Anyone try it yet? It's Chicago thin crust rather than the deep dish pizza. I was sad not to get a chance, but I expect that I'll make another trip to Chicago in the future.

I haven't been to Chicago but it's good to know that Zachary's is close to the Chicago taste. I'm near there regularly. My sister usually picks them up and brings 'em to mom's which is even easier for me! Chicago in Oakland will work for me for now. Thanks!