• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chenay Beach Resort - St Croix

Water dog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm an owner at Chenay Bay. Our last visit was May 2011
First tip is rent a car. The resort is not within walking distance of anything and there is so much you will miss in St. Croix without a car. We have used Judy of Croix with excellent results.
Second is chillax. CB is a laid back beach front resort with an open air bar and restaurant. It went through a bankruptcy while owned by Island One and underwent lots of challenges to the property. Last year, staff was concentrating on keeping all of the units clean and functioning properly, but some of the cosmetic touches were suffering. For example, the pool was clean and quite usable, but the fountains beside it were not operating. There is now a new management company in charge and we have not been there to see what progress they are making but reviews on TripAdvisor have definately improved.
If you are into snorkeling, there is excellent snorkeling off the point on the east side of the bay. Large coral heads, sea fans, anemones and a variety of reef fish. You just have to make it past the shallow entry and seagrass in the bay. There is a long beach on the west side of the bay where turtles nest.
If you are looking for a 5 star resort with all the amenities you will probably be disappointed. If you like walking the beach, hanging out at the pool and quiet, you will love it. The individual cottages are a big plus in my book, vs, the high rise developments.
If this is your first trip to STX, don't miss Buck Island. Carl on the Terroro out of Green Cay Marina does a first class trip, but I've never had a bad trip to Buck.

jd00

Reaction score
Thanks!

I appreciate these tips. We were on the fence about renting a car but now am thinking we should, although we do plan to just hang at the beach and pool most of the time as we're only there for 5 days. Thanks again!