• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Checking in without a printout.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will an electronic copy suffice? Traveling without a printer. And just generally hate carrying all that stuff around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Should be. Pull your II reservation up on Marriott.com by the Marriott reservation number, then add your Bonvoy number and it should show on the Bonvoy App/Your Trips....and with any luck you'll also get credit for the days.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The resort should have the reservation in your name when you show up. Regardless if if you have put your Bonvoy number on the reservation. However, keep in mind, if they can't pull it up it will be good to have the Marriott confirmation number from the exchange confirmation.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone, you should not have any problems. Are you traveling with a cellphone or an IPAD; then you should be good to go and that is your backup. Just pull up your reservation # under Marriott's. com as suggestive by TXTortoise, post #2.

Please enjoy your vacation time.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I always tie my II reservation to my Marriott account and link my Bonvoy number. I've never needed any paper. I used to print out hardcopy as backup but have never used it, so now as long as everything is there in my Marriott account, including the reservation number, they can pull it up if there is any question.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I never bring a paper copy!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I also don't carry a paper copy which is never an issue but on my last II exchange the resort had no record of our reservation. It took awhile to resolve but they found a unit for us. I usually call ahead but the one time that I didn't, this happened. So I would suggest calling the resort ahead of time to confirm the exchange.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you can bring your reservation up on Marriott.com using your name and checkin date (manual reservation lookup), you are good to go. If that doesn't work, take a printout.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I typically take paper copies of everything if I am traveling internationally just in case I can’t easily access on my phone. Otherwise I just pull things up on my phone when needed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
my recent Marriott stay, checkin was fine with a digital copy on my phone.

i only had to read the confirmation number to the attendant.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pulling up data - like reservation # on an app- require a data connection - either wifi or cell. So just depending on the app for me is not that great. Two tricks - load the reservation number on your calendar on the check in date - now my mac/ios/macos gives me those automaticly but I always check to see that they are there. Second trick is to build a cloud/dropbox folder for each trip - save hotel, transfer, flight, trip reciepts etc. then on make it locally available (dropbox and icloud) for the time of the trip and the data will be stored on your phone or ipad as you travel. This has saved me several time with car reservation - no wifi - dont like to pay international roaming charges so no cell data, but with the number on my ical - done and done.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Pulling up data - like reservation # on an app- require a data connection - either wifi or cell. So just depending on the app for me is not that great. Two tricks - load the reservation number on your calendar on the check in date - now my mac/ios/macos gives me those automaticly but I always check to see that they are there. Second trick is to build a cloud/dropbox folder for each trip - save hotel, transfer, flight, trip reciepts etc. then on make it locally available (dropbox and icloud) for the time of the trip and the data will be stored on your phone or ipad as you travel. This has saved me several time with car reservation - no wifi - dont like to pay international roaming charges so no cell data, but with the number on my ical - done and done.
Or just take pics of what you need on your phone.

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Will an electronic copy suffice? Traveling without a printer. And just generally hate carrying all that stuff around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might, but I never go anywhere without a paper copy of my II exchange (just the first page not the useless 3 others). No matter what I tell them they can never find our reservations. We have different last names and they have often found my it under my husband's first - not last - name (despite that I do all the reserving) . But YMMV, especially if you have a simple name.

Carrying a single sheet of paper for me is good for my mental health. I can hand it to them and then it is their problem to get us checked in. And with paper, the desk person can take it to the back room, supervisor, whomever, if they have problems and not take my phone. Yes, my phone would work, but this is so much less stressful after the travel. I am generally fine relying on my phone for confirmations, but not when it comes to travel. Even a few glitches (poor internet etc) cause enough havoc for me to carry a piece of paper.

Last edited:

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carrying a single sheet of paper for me is good for my mental health
That is my wife's theory so in reality we have all three methods, paper, app, and data storage - maybe overkill but belt and suspenders have been around a long time. Don't like the picture idea as then I have lots of those to delete. I just move the dropbox folder to a hard disc archive at home post trip and it is eliminated from my phone at the next sync with DB.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paper is not dead however - the covid test/medical questionaires requirements have almost all required a paper copy. My wife bailed us out in Aruba. I was very surprised that both at AA checkin and in the Aruba immigration area they wanted a piece of paper yet had a great web sited that had already verified our forms and test results. Same with Mexico.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
That is my wife's theory so in reality we have all three methods, paper, app, and data storage - maybe overkill but belt and suspenders have been around a long time.

Your wife and I think alike; I am all for efficiently (and if I have a photo I delete it the minute I get on the plane). In decades of travel I have also bailed us out with paper enough, or avoided the annoyance of the TSA line behind me when my mobile boarding pass would not show up. A few pieces of paper is cheap travel insurance for me.