• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cheaper overnite parking near Hotel De L Eau Vive

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
The address for this resort is 315 Tchoupitoulas. I'm familiar with New Orleans and usually stay at the La Belle. I have read the resort parking here is 35.00 per night. There must be something cheaper nearby.

Does gambling at Harrah's still work for cheaper parking?

I have checked Parking Panda and the cost is still 26.00 per day, this is what La Belle charges for Valet.

I'm open to suggestions. Don't mind parking and walking. Most likely won't take the car out all week.

TIA

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vehicle is too tall to park in any garage so I am forced to park in the open lots in the FQ. Unless the lot has changed there is one that is not part of the premier chain and a lost ticket is a flat $50. I found this out by accident last year when none of their scanners were working.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
How much is long term parking at the Airport? Drop off luggage and passengers at Hotel De L Eau Vive. Drive to Airport and put car in Long Term Parking. Take Taxi back to Hotel De L Eau Vive. Reverse when leave.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There was a string a few months ago by a gal who parked at Harrah's for cheap (maybe $0) by sitting at (make that playing, not just sitting) a slot machine for a period of time every day.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saints fan,
Do you remember by chance exact location of parking lot? Thanks

I can certainly find it on a map and will post it soon.

I tried and tried to pay the full amount. There were no employees on site and none of the scanners would scan my ticket at the kiosk or on the way out. I finally hit the "lost ticket" button and it prompted for a $50 payment and I was out. It was a mid-week exit but it still saved me around $90. I think that lot has a higher daily rate than premier but it does not allow in/out like premier does.

EDIT: I think the main lots are "Premium Parking" and not "Premier". The lot I am referring to is a generic "Public Parking" lot next to the back side of The Shops at Canal Place. The address is 241 Clay St. The lot next to it towards the river is Park First, LLC 1047 Badine Lot and it looks like it has a $60 daily rate and a $100 lost ticket rate. Premium is definitely cheaper than either one but if you can get away with parking for a week and losing your ticket its a pretty good deal. I did not do it on purpose and still had my ticket. I was thinking they had some type of tracking but thinking about it later those lots are generally not manned and I am pretty sure the owners know that anyone staying longer than the lost ticket rate will just hit that button.

Harrah's is a nice option for someone wanting to spend time gambling but I would rather pay for parking than spend an hour a day doing something I was not planning. It is at least an hour getting there, sitting for 30 min, and then getting back to it. And you can't sit at a slot machine without playing. It will not accrue the 30 minutes if you sit idle. And then on top of that you could lose more than it cost to park, which is the whole reason why they comp the parking.

Last edited:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks you all for your replies. I did think about the airport, but you have to factor in the 33.00 cab or Uber ride and the drive hassle. Might try the lot on Clay street for a few days.