• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cheap II trader

Angel1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own DVC and Wyndham. Both trade via RCI. I would like to buy a resale contract that is a good II trader that I could trade into 1-2 Hyatt or Marriott weeks that has a low buy in and reasonable MF. Any suggestions? Thanks.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Forget trading into Hyatt. As a multiple week Marriott owner I don’t recall seeing any for exchange. They are often available for purchase at a premium in the getaway section.

I consider my Marriott Grand Chateau at &1250/yr for 2 weeks a bargain. What do you consider a bargain?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Forget trading into Hyatt. As a multiple week Marriott owner I don’t recall seeing any for exchange. They are often available for purchase at a premium in the getaway section.

I consider my Marriott Grand Chateau at &1250/yr for 2 weeks a bargain. What do you consider a bargain?

Hyatt weeks are available via exchange. Search the TUG Sightings Forum.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Sheraton- SBP or SDO. Both, I believe, can trade into RCI or II.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note that Marriott owners get first priority for Marriott exchanges so you need a Marriott trader.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Agree that you need a Marriott to see the good Marriott's. Grand Chateau is probably your best bet and you could also consider one of the Palm Desert resorts, but watch the seasons there. I have had good luck with Gold or White season there.

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Sheraton Broadway Plantation Gold Plus, Myrtle Beach and it trades like a charm. I'm the opposite, I have always had II but I just started this year trying out RCI with a different timeshare that I obtained on TUG for Free! So far so good. Lots of Fees having both. I'll eventually dump one unless I can travel more.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
What he should have said..... forget trading into Hyatt Kaannapali. Highlands is tough too, but can be done

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Our Independents trade into RCI while our majors trade primarily into II, except SDO which is dual.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Additional Marriott Trader threads....

Thoughts on owning a trader v. staying put? (Posted Feb 2019 with 72 replies) - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-owning-a-trader-v-staying-put.286069/

Choosing Between a Marriott Grand Chateau 2 bdrm or 3 bdrm Trader (Posted Feb 2019 with 39 replies) - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...grand-chateau-2-bdrm-or-3-bdrm-trader.286518/

Suggestions for Good Marriott Trader (Posted Aug 2017 with 113 replies) - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/suggestions-for-good-marriott-trader.260191/

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Also consider a 4 BR EOY fixed summer week (ideally 25-32) at Williamsburg Plantation or The Colonies. You can get them for $0-$500 all in. MF are less than $900 so around $450 per year. The Colonies (maybe WP too) are now Dual affilliated in case you ever wanted to deposit in RCI. You don't have to worry about upgrade fees because you would be using a 2 BR. You get 2 two bedrooms every other year. Hyatt doesn't have priority and Marriott priority is only useful for about 25% of Marriott deposits. Half of Marriott deposits are off season or in over built areas where you won't need priority. 25% of resorts and locations/times get so few deposits that even with a Marriott trader your chances aren't particularly good. So that leaves about 25% where priority is actually helpful. For example you want a 2 BR in Maui and you are open to almost anytime of they year. You want a 1 BR in Hawaii during high season (but not limited to holidays only). You want an ocean front HHI resort for Easter or Memorial day with advanced notice or you want summer HHI but are ok with waiting until fairly last minute to confirm, etc. For that you will be paying $1200-1500ish for a single 2 BR Marriott trader or pay an extra $80 to lock off. The 1 BR trades well but the studio with priority will probably pull fewer decent 1 BR and 2 BR than a non priority 2BR summer williamsburg week.

The other benefit to the summer Colonies week is it wouldn't be that hard to rent out a 2 BR for $450-$550 if you have enough deposits.

Angel1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I would probably be looking more for some last minute getaways. I got interested in what I could do with an II trader after seeing a lot of good resorts on the sightings boards. Grand Chateau and Williamsburg sound good; I want to stay away from anything near the beach for fear of a huge assessment from a natural disaster. I likely would never stay at my home resort, just like my Wyndham account

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see Hyatts and Marriotts all the time, and, while I haven't stayed in a Hyatt yet, I have stayed in *plenty* of Marriott, including coastal Spring Break weeks and holiday weeks.

caranvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Foxrun Townhomes, Lake Lure, NC
We own DVC and Wyndham. Both trade via RCI. I would like to buy a resale contract that is a good II trader that I could trade into 1-2 Hyatt or Marriott weeks that has a low buy in and reasonable MF. Any suggestions? Thanks.
[Offer removed. No advertising is permitted in this public forum. Please see How do I send a private message to another TUGBBS user?]

We have not done TS ravel in a few years now that kids are grown. This may be the first year that I actually see the resort unless someone takes on the property.
I am planning to post this question, but maybe you can help? Was thinking of switching to RCI where I can use points. I have 2 years that are expiring soon and hate that I have wasted that money on MF's for nothing. Do the points work out better since you can use for other things such as car rental etc? I figure if I cannot transfer the deed, at least my money will be put towards something that will not expire and that I can use. Have absolutely no experience with points or RCI, so any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been several years since I traded but my Jockey Club two bedrooms were excellent traders and very reasonable MF. Pulled many Marriotts. The Jockey Clubs are long gone so YMMV.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please note that Marriott owners get first priority for Marriott exchanges so you need a Marriott trader.

I would say "need" maybe just "suggested" I don't own anything branded and so far have always found Hyatts and Marriotts for whatever I need (and I travel around a school calendar).

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your choices are fairly straight forward. Get a Platinum Marriott like Manor Club Sequel, DSV, or Willow Ridge for next to nothing and have reasonable, but not cheap fees. You can lock off and get two weeks for one plus accommodation certificates and getaways. Or, go with a strategy like tscwa2 mentions, but maybe not get the good Marriott weeks. Foxrun can be had for nothing, and it still gets me good trades.