• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chat with Diamond Sr VP

Chika

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar, Hilton, Diamond, Worldmark, Vindanta
I want to share a conversation I had this evening with Maria Kalber regarding the expected purchase by HGVC of Diamond Resorts (I also posted this on the HGVC thread about the takeover of Diamond as there is a lively discussion over there as well). She is the Senior VP of Customer Service Operations for Diamond Resorts. Very nice lady and we had a good chat. This is in reference to an email I sent to the CEO's office.

Maria stated that they are trying to be transparent and is going to check on two of my concerns in the underlying documents to see if they can be changed or not by HGVC (number of nights minimum and reservations fees). She stated that just as Diamond did not force people to move from whatever system they were in when Diamond took over a company, HGVC will not force people to move to HGVC when/if they take over (meaning the HGVC way of doing business). The takeover is not guaranteed as it still has to be approved but expected closing date is the second week of June. If the sale is completed, Diamond will be a sub-division of HGVC and will continue to operate under the rules of the Trust we are in. That cannot be changed. Rules for The Club benefits can change (as they always could be in the past). This is where my sticking point with 2 night minimum and reservation fees comes into play as I don't no which document supports that, they have just always been in place. She is going to find those out for me. Obviously, HGVC is going to give folks the chance (probably numerous times) to somehow become part of HGVC (most likely convert your DRI points to HGVC points), for a price of course, but just as people still own fixed weeks in Gold Key or points in Monarch, we will effectively be allowed to exchange as we always have in the past unless we "upgrade". This was the basic gist of the conversation. I hope this puts everyone a little more at ease and I will post any additional info I receive though I don't expect to see anything truly concrete about what will change and what won't change until after the sale is compete in June (if it goes through that is).
I am one who feels like running for another change with Diamond. But I also own HGVC and prefer their business model. Right now I would give them my Hawaii Platinum for anything they would give me...comments?

Chika

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar, Hilton, Diamond, Worldmark, Vindanta
Can you help a novice? What makes it a “dirty” account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the way they convince you to exchange for 'real points' and they do make life easier to be an 'owner'

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
I am one who feels like running for another change with Diamond. But I also own HGVC and prefer their business model. Right now I would give them my Hawaii Platinum for anything they would give me...comments?

If it eventually comes down to where that can be done, it won't be done for free. You will have to make some sort of HGVC purchase in conjunction with exchanging your Diamond points in HGVC, just like Diamond does with old fix week or point owners in systems they took over.

That being said, why do you like HGVC business model better when everything I have seen shows HGVC nickel and diming their owners to death?