• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chase Ink

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the Chase junkies...

Anyone has the chase ink biz? There is a sign in bonus of 80k Points...

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
I'm interested in feedback as well; I continue to get invitations.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got it. Must apply in Branch for 80k points.
This is Chase Ink PREFERRED card (new).
Received the Bonus points.
Adds to my Chase Sapphire Reserve 100k too!

elleny76

Reaction score
I got it. Must apply in Branch for 80k points.
This is Chase Ink PREFERRED card (new).
Received the Bonus points.
Adds to my Chase Sapphire Reserve 100k too!
I don't own a business ...Can I still apply for it? tx

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The Chase Ink Plus is better than the Chase Ink Preferred. 80K points is great, however. I think we got 60K and thought it was a great deal.

The Ink cards get 5X on office supplies, which is how I have over a million points currently in each of our Southwest accounts and in our Chase UR Portal. No, I don't buy 500K in office supplies a year, but I do buy Visa gift cards and buy money orders at the store, then deposit those to our regular checking account. We do a small amount, a little over $8K per month to get the 5X.

The points from INK can transfer to the UR portal of the Sapphire Reserve, too. So you can transfer the Chase Ink Plus points earned for 1.5 in the Sapphire Reserve. Chase Ink cards only get 1.25 in UR portal. It's a much better deal. You just go to the UR portal and choose the transfer points option and enter the credit card number of your Sapphire Reserve card.

Some might say the cashback is a better deal, but not for me. I assume our way of manufactured spend will halt at some point, as it is a very fragile system, but so far, so good.

elleny76

Reaction score
The Chase Ink Plus is better than the Chase Ink Preferred. 80K points is great, however. I think we got 60K and thought it was a great deal.

The Ink cards get 5X on office supplies, which is how I have over a million points currently in each of our Southwest accounts and in our Chase UR Portal. No, I don't buy 500K in office supplies a year, but I do buy Visa gift cards and buy money orders at the store, then deposit those to our regular checking account. We do a small amount, a little over $8K per month to get the 5X.

The points from INK can transfer to the UR portal of the Sapphire Reserve, too. So you can transfer the Chase Ink Plus points earned for 1.5 in the Sapphire Reserve. Chase Ink cards only get 1.25 in UR portal. It's a much better deal. You just go to the UR portal and choose the transfer points option and enter the credit card number of your Sapphire Reserve card.

Some might say the cashback is a better deal, but not for me. I assume our way of manufactured spend will halt at some point, as it is a very fragile system, but so far, so good.
YOU are a GENIUS my friend! xoxo and thanks ( I just find out The Chase Ink Plus card is not available anymore..only Ink Business PreferredSM credit card and Ink Business CashSM credit card)

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Chase Ink Plus is a business card. You can still get it. https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-business-credit-cards/customers/ink-plus/card-details We have two businesses, so Rick and I each got one. Even if you just rent a timeshare here and there, you have a legitimate business. We have TAX ID numbers for our businesses, but I know you can just put in your SS# to get the Visa Ink Plus.

The Chase Ink Bold, which is a Mastercard, that one is no longer available.

What I learned, I learned from Flyertalk. I first started following Million Mile Secrets, but he gave up on Visa gift cards when it became tougher to do.

Edited to correct my info: Apparently the Chase Ink Plus I have is not being offered, so you are right, I was wrong. When I clicked on the link, Chase has another link to the newer cards. Very disappointing for those who want 5X at office supply stores.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting it online. In the mail now. The 80K points will come in handy when I transfer them to my Sypphire account.

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you just rent a timeshare here and there, you have a legitimate business.

I do rent a timeshare here and there, but I do it through another TUGer. So, I don't have a username related to my rentals that I can use as the "business name" when I apply for a business credit card. Any suggestions?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I do rent a timeshare here and there, but I do it through another TUGer. So, I don't have a username related to my rentals that I can use as the "business name" when I apply for a business credit card. Any suggestions?
You can use your first and last name as your business name.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Thanks. Does that raise any issues about whether it's actually a business applying for the account?

Many professionals such as CPAs, lawyers, consultants do this. No problem at all. They are sole proprietors and use the social security number as the taxpayer ID.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Does that raise any issues about whether it's actually a business applying for the account?
You can get your business registered through your state. Even if you sell stuff on eBay on a flea market, you have a business.

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried the first and last name approach, and got approved! Thanks again for the advice, everyone! :)