• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chase Credit Card Offer 10% off $200

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Has anyone tested whether this works for MF? Worth a try.

1602098263554.png

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Doesnt specifically allow or disallow HGVC.

I am curious if it would work also. Better value than the 7% using Hilton aspire card (14 points per $1 worth about .5 cents each).

If you try please post back your results. This would cover up to $400 in maintenance fees per card.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That looks interesting, unfortunately i don't see that offer in my account, but will keep an eye for it to appear. Particularly if someone reports it works for MF...

amirh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Lodges
Targeted offer. I don't see it either.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see it at 5%, max $20. Not a big money maker for me in any case :)

Cheers.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Doesnt specifically allow or disallow HGVC.
Sure it does. It lists the hotel names where the offer is valid. For anything that is not listed, the offer is invalid.

Based on what I've read for the offer, you're not going to get the bonus with payments to HGVC.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure it does. It lists the hotel names where the offer is valid. For anything that is not listed, the offer is invalid.

Based on what I've read for the offer, you're not going to get the bonus with payments to HGVC.

If the particular HGVC resort is on the list, it may well work. I know that MF payments for eligible resorts show up as Hilton in most cases and trigger the Amex Aspire Resort Credit. Not sure why this should not work here if the resort otherwise qualifies.

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Cheers.

Thanks, now i don't feel like I am missing out so much... In general it seems like the Chase rebate offers are a lot less generous that the AMEX rebate offers.. Right now I have an offer from Amex to spend $250 at Hilton and get $60 back.. I am hoping my Kings Land MF will trigger that

Wright17s

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite Premier; Valdoro x6, Trump, Paradise, Sunrise Lodge
I have a similar offer on my Amex Hilton Aspire but it specifically calls out excluding HGVC.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 6.07.21 PM.png

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

If you care to read the terms it allows certain brands and disallows other brands. It does not specifically list HGVC anywhere.

So according to your logic HGVC is allowed since it is not listed as an invalid brand?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Cheers.
Not big money but you can get up to $40. Better to get the $40 than the 560 HH points in my mind.

If offer was available on each chase card we have, that would be $400 off my HGVC maintenance fee.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Has anyone tried this? I paid for MF today to see if I get the 10%. Is there a notification if the offer has been triggered similar to AMEX offers?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone tried this? I paid for MF today to see if I get the 10%. Is there a notification if the offer has been triggered similar to AMEX offers?

I don't think i have ever received a notice from Chase when i use one of their offers. They just show up in your account a few days later.

Just checked all my Chase cards again, and i still don't have any Hilton offers, will just stick with the Amex Aspire for my MF.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Received confirmation from Chase Sapphire that this offer worked with our HGVC payment. Nice to get 10% off MF.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received confirmation from Chase Sapphire that this offer worked with our HGVC payment. Nice to get 10% off MF.

It would definitely be nice if not limited to $20 or $40 (depending upon the offer one received). :)

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It would definitely be nice if not limited to $20 or $40 (depending upon the offer one received). :)

Cheers.

In general it seems like the Chase offers are less generous than the Amex ones, at least to me.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
True. More limited at $40 than Amex but better than nothing :) I have an Amex offer to try next.