• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Change from fixed weeks to floating time - impact on RCI points value?

Barrybloke

Reaction score
Does a resort changing its timeshare structure from fixed weeks to floating time affect RCI points values?

My resort has decided to make this change to improve the future viability of the resort. I currently have a peak season week at this resort with a high RCI points value, and I would like to know If the resort’s move to floating time will reduce my points value.

Can any TUG member please comment?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does a resort changing its timeshare structure from fixed weeks to floating time affect RCI points values?

My resort has decided to make this change to improve the future viability of the resort. I currently have a peak season week at this resort with a high RCI points value, and I would like to know If the resort’s move to floating time will reduce my points value.

Can any TUG member please comment?
Legally, if your deed is for a specific fixed week they can't force you to turn it into a floating werk. They can only make the change for any future deeds they sell.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I have a fixed and a floating week at Sheraton Vistana. Both were in RCI Points for a while. The underlying deeded week with the floating option was a better week (week 51) than the fixed, but I got more points for the fixed week. They average the points for every week you can float if there is a float option. I finally pulled the floating week out of points.

Sheila

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a deed with a specific unit and week? If you do i think they need to float around you!