• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Celebrity anti-vaxxers who died of COVID 19

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So number 12, Joe Rogan, died from Covid? This is breaking news.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
A dead dozen. And tens if not a hundred thousand more that followed them over the cliff to their deaths.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I’m the beginning I was a little pissed at the anti-mask crowd. The reason being it could affect me directly. Even if I wasn’t hospitalized, at that time I’d be out of work a minimum of 2 weeks, which would impact me financially.

Now I’m not certain I understand the backlash over those who don’t want to get vaccinated, even though I have a rather strong opinion of their intelligence. I’m vaccinated, therefore I am protected more now from their cavalier attitude over something that can ruin them financially or end their lives. I don’t mind wearing a mask nearly as much as some seem too, so I feel a little more protected between the mask and the vaccine.

you will never convince them by parading the dead unvaccinated celebrities. Eventually I’m sure there will be a few dead vaccinated celebrities, then it’s just a spitting match.

I will say I have become numb to those dying from a disease from which they can protect themselves through vaccination. So there’s that.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
@dougp26364 the reason vaccinated folks are frustrated with those who won’t get vaccinated is because it’s the lack of sufficient numbers of vaccinated folks that’s perpetuating the pandemic now. In LA, this caused us to go from being “fully open with no mask mandate” to being back to wearing masks indoors with limits on indoor activities.

For me at work, one of my (vaccinated) employees got mild COVID from an unvaccinated relative, and then exposed half of our staff, which resulted in major stress on the unexposed half of the staff, a 10 day period of significant loss of revenue, and some (veterinary) patients with serious emergent neurologic problems being told to seek care elsewhere- we had some periods of time where we did not have the staff to manage any emergency cases.

So the impact is real and tangible. I got vax as soon as I could, but it feels like those dragging their feet are not doing their part to resolve this situation ASAP.

That said- I wouldn’t characterize myself as angry. Just exasperated. And it changes the way I see those folks in my life who won’t get vax. For some, there’s a very legit medical reason and I’m cool with that. But for others, no comment except to say that my opinion of them is not as high as it once was.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m the beginning I was a little pissed at the anti-mask crowd. The reason being it could affect me directly. Even if I wasn’t hospitalized, at that time I’d be out of work a minimum of 2 weeks, which would impact me financially.

Now I’m not certain I understand the backlash over those who don’t want to get vaccinated, even though I have a rather strong opinion of their intelligence. I’m vaccinated, therefore I am protected more now from their cavalier attitude over something that can ruin them financially or end their lives. I don’t mind wearing a mask nearly as much as some seem too, so I feel a little more protected between the mask and the vaccine.

you will never convince them by parading the dead unvaccinated celebrities. Eventually I’m sure there will be a few dead vaccinated celebrities, then it’s just a spitting match.

I will say I have become numb to those dying from a disease from which they can protect themselves through vaccination. So there’s that.

You can also show your frustration on this thread. There are areas where the vaccination is 70-80%. Once you add the natural immunity, the idea that the unvaccinated are the ones that do not let the virus go away just does not hold any water to me.

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Susceptibility to sometimes deliberate propaganda and disinformation has caused a lot of unnecessary Covid deaths. It's a plague often as dangerous as the virus itself.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... I will say I have become numb to those dying from a disease from which they can protect themselves through vaccination. So there’s that.

In my view the most lasting damage caused by our society's terrible response to this virus will be the PTSD issues suffered by all those serving in medical facilities whose natural empathic tendency is being lost to self-protection survival mode. It's understandable, but it's too sad for words.

All good thoughts for you and others serving with you, Doug.

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The uninformed memes and taunts that some of them thought were so cleverly being aimed at those they call the pro-vaccine sheep are a sad sign of their naivete and gullibility.

It's not those they called sheep who ended up getting sheared. Sigh.

Brett

Reaction score
The uninformed memes and taunts that some of them thought were so cleverly being aimed at those they call the pro-vaccine sheep are a sad sign of their naivete and gullibility.

It's not those they called sheep who ended up getting sheared. Sigh.

:thumbup:

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

Death Shaming
Mocking, insulting, scolding and intra-group memeing the unvaccinated dead does not save lives.
Those things are useless, but at least they’re fun to do? :shrug:

Brett

Reaction score
Death Shaming
Mocking, insulting, scolding and intra-group memeing the unvaccinated dead does not save lives.
Those things are useless, but at least they’re fun to do? :shrug:

"numb to those dying from a disease from which they can protect themselves through vaccination"

yes, it probably doesn't save lives and may be "useless" .................... but I don't think it's "fun to do "