• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed here recently? I exchanged into a 2 bedroom for next summer and was curious about resort.
I know timeshare units are located on the Hilton property on the corridor

I had some questions about units? Do all timeshare rooms have nice views?
how is beach?
I guess any insight would be appreciated

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe this is a mandatory All Inclusive property? That would stop me right there. If you want all inclusive you should look at travel websites as the cost is often lower then booking a timeshare. Another non starter is the resort is on the corridor. Too far out of town. Non swimmable beach as most are on pacific if not all. I would think if your looking for 2023 in July you would have a great selection. If you don’t mind staying a few minutes up on the hilltop and you have access to RCI look at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach or on Medano Beach(in town) Pueblo Bonito Rose both have optional all inclusive programs that are really reasonable. Please do a lot of research before you book anything on the corridor, unless you are really familiar with the area and have visited several times prior.

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes this resort is on the corridor and no it’s not mandatory all inclusive. That’s a non starter for me too.
Been going to Los Cabos for over 25 some years now and I actually like staying in the corridor now or in San Jose.
But I rent a car and makes it so much easier to head into San Jose.
Anyway, I’ve read this resort actually has a swimmable beach which surprised me. With these timeshare units being on the Hilton property I’m assuming they must be nice.
Hopefully someone who’s stayed here recently can give more insight

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I think there are two different interval codes. One is mandatory AI and the other isn’t. There are a few beaches were you can swim in the corridor. Fiesta Americana has a snorkeling area right in front of it.

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you’re correct, I just learned that interval code DME is for Casa Dorada Cabo Real, these units are located at the Dreams resort and are Mandatory AI. This resort is also on the corridor

Casa Dorada Spa and Golf resort(code DOR) located on Hilton premises is the one I'm interested in getting more info on.

I can see where this gets so confusing, because there’s also probably the most famous Casa Dorada Medano beach in Cabo San Lucas. I’ve stayed there a few times, beautiful resort and great location if you like being in the middle of it.
I used to love this location and at one time in my life used to think what can be better than this :)

Last edited:

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there are two different interval codes. One is mandatory AI and the other isn’t. There are a few beaches were you can swim in the corridor. Fiesta Americana has a snorkeling area right in front of it.
I’ll have to look into Fiesta Americana
Thanks

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Has anyone stayed here recently? I exchanged into a 2 bedroom for next summer and was curious about resort.

how is beach?

I like this area. It's about a mile away from Chileno Bay. A few miles from the Palmilla. Being in-between Cabo and San Jose makes it easier to visit both. I'm not 100% positive but I think there is a swimmable area in the Sea near this resort.

Bill

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I will know in December because I will be staying in the HGV part of the property.

rlgtict1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Exploring
I’ve stayed there before in a studio through HGV. Very nice place and the distance to Cabo wasn’t that bothersome. Nice beach, we didn’t swim but I believe it was swimmable. The resorts on the Pacific side are NOT swimmsble due to strong rip current, but most jn the corridor are.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

how is beach?
Did you wind up staying here? I am looking at this property as well and wondered about the room views. If you have returned, do you know if all of the rooms have ocean views? Any other thoughts about the property? Thanks.

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you wind up staying here? I am looking at this property as well and wondered about the room views. If you have returned, do you know if all of the rooms have ocean views? Any other thoughts about the property? Thanks.
I did stay here, the resort is beautiful. At check in I was told there were only 14 units on property that were part of casa Dorada……don’t know of this is true or not. We were on the 3rd floor and we had an ocean view, I don’t know if all the Casa Dorada units have ocean views.

Pros: Beautiful Resort, nice little swimmable beach, pools weren’t crowded at all, daily maid service left us a few bottles of water daily and since we always rent a car it’s a quick drive to San Jose.

Cons: The food and drink menu is expensive, kitchen in unit is limited(dorm fridge and 2 electric burners)

If you have any other question just let me know

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did stay here, the resort is beautiful. At check in I was told there were only 14 units on property that were part of casa Dorada……don’t know of this is true or not. We were on the 3rd floor and we had an ocean view, I don’t know if all the Casa Dorada units have ocean views.

Pros: Beautiful Resort, nice little swimmable beach, pools weren’t crowded at all, daily maid service left us a few bottles of water daily and since we always rent a car it’s a quick drive to San Jose.

Cons: The food and drink menu is expensive, kitchen in unit is limited(dorm fridge and 2 electric burners)

If you have any other question just let me know
Thanks so much. I went ahead and booked a 1 bedroom yesterday using an AC for deposit. Even though the corridor is not my favorite location, the resort's proximity to the road (easy access to the bus) plus the swimmable beach made me willing to try again. Who knows, we may even rent a car this time. I will keep my fingers crossed about the views. II links to the Hilton site that shows every room having a view so I am cautiously optimistic. At any rate, getting a week in Cabo for ~$300 works for me.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thanks so much. I went ahead and booked a 1 bedroom yesterday using an AC for deposit. Even though the corridor is not my favorite location, the resort's proximity to the road (easy access to the bus) plus the swimmable beach made me willing to try again. Who knows, we may even rent a car this time. I will keep my fingers crossed about the views. II links to the Hilton site that shows every room having a view so I am cautiously optimistic. At any rate, getting a week in Cabo for ~$300 works for me.
You’ll love it. We are going for the second time (HGV) later this year. Food and bev is expensive. If you like to drink, consider the AI.

TheRealMFP

Reaction score
Wait, did you use an accomodation cert from II to book this? I never see anything for cabo in the AC! Is the the resort code DOR? Can you share what your experience was? TY!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wait, did you use an accomodation cert from II to book this? I never see anything for cabo in the AC! Is the the resort code DOR? Can you share what your experience was? TY!
I did use an accommodation cert but it wasn't one of the free ones. I think that it was one given for a deposit. I haven't gone yet but I will update our experience when I get back.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yes this resort is on the corridor and no it’s not mandatory all inclusive. That’s a non starter for me too.
Been going to Los Cabos for over 25 some years now and I actually like staying in the corridor now or in San Jose.
But I rent a car and makes it so much easier to head into San Jose.
Anyway, I’ve read this resort actually has a swimmable beach which surprised me. With these timeshare units being on the Hilton property I’m assuming they must be nice.
Hopefully someone who’s stayed here recently can give more insight
We haven't rented a car and usually shuttle/UBER. This is why we avoid the corridor. What rental agency do you recommend?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We haven't rented a car and usually shuttle/UBER. This is why we avoid the corridor. What rental agency do you recommend?
I've used Cactus a few times. The last time I took a shuttle to the resort because my flight got in late and I didn't want to drive in the dark. I rented a car at the Alamo in San Jose (not at the airport). It was a quick Uber or you might be able to walk it from Azul. I set it up for return to the airport rather than the office. It made my return super easy just driving to the airport.