• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Casa de la Playa - Puerto Vallarta?

tseebach

Reaction score
We’ve stayed there many times as we are owners (our only timeshare). The last tens years we have used our WIVC week there or banked it with DAElive. Last January, we were unable to book a week in 2022 so we banked week. We hope to return again in Jan 2023.

Only 7 units; 4 two-bedroom units (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor) and 3 one-bedroom unit as office and lobby are on 1st floor which is about 15 steps above street/pool. Right on beach with pool between building and sand. They added small elevator a couple of years ago by extending balcony from living room in one-bedroom units and I assume the same in two-bedroom unit. We didn’t mind the stairs as we usually eat and drink enough that we need the exercise, but it’s nice when you are moving in. Units are not fancy or huge, but have well-equipped kitchen and comfortable beds. Bathroom in one bedroom is small. Decent free Wi-Fi and OK, but somewhat limited TV and no TV in bedroom of one-bedroom. Good security including free safe in bathroom and staff including maids who cleaned every day but Sunday.

We really like the location and view. Many restaurants and a large supermarket are within a few blocks. It’s about five blocks to beginning of Malecon and another mile or so from there to the Romantic Zone. Clean beach below building is often busy with locals. Captain Jack’s is a bar/restaurant popular with Americans and Canadians 1/2 block away. They sometimes have live music which can get loud, but it’s not every night and not that late.

Feel free to ask any questions. Trees block some of view from 2nd floor unit.
6D5BA394-EFD8-4615-BBC0-317E627DD514.jpeg

AB165EBB-1BF4-4360-A3D3-ACF76273BA49.jpeg

tseebach

Reaction score
Sorry for the very long delay in replying, but they do have plenty of lounge chairs in pool area and there is also a bathroom and outside shower on pool level. Somehow my photos from last trip there, where my wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary, which was pre-Covid, were not in folder where I expected them to be even though some of them were posted to Facebook. We are returning in Jan 2023, but could not get our anniversary week so we are going the week after.

The lounge chairs are on the opposite side of pool from beach, and barbeques are to the right. Picture was taken on very busy Sunday at 1:20 PM.
8856CasaDePlayaPoolBusyBeach.JPG