• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carlsbad Stay

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I'm looking to book a stay in Carlsbad next spring. How would recommend Marbrisa?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
How would recommend Marbrisa?
Highly.

Pics:
My opinion written in January:

MarBrisa - 2 BR Premier at the Pointe (2FX) - review, tips, and Q&A

The resort's amenities are fantastic. The pool at the Cove neighborhood is great - kids love the slide. There's also a ping-pong table in the Pointe neighborhood. I'm staying in 2 BR Premier at the Pointe villa 56. It's a great apartment - contemporary style with a couple upscale accents. A little dated here and there though, e.g. a makeshift cabinet where a Denon AV receiver is placed, with a noisy fan at the side, that is loose and can fall out any time. The fireplace didn't work on arrival - and the maintenance wasn't able to fix it during our stay. Light switches in the living room are badly designed - an electrician used regular switches, rather than 3-way switches, so you can't easily control the light. Towel warmer is a great addition. Nice balcony with a view on the ocean in the far. Housekeeping didn't meet 4-star expectations. The pullout sofa sheets weren't replaced (had to ask for a clean set of sheets for it) and some surfaces were dusty (the rails above the master bed, the light fixture above the dining table in the living room, etc). Not much is required to get it to 5/5 - basically, improve the housekeeping protocols to include a mandatory pullout sofa sheets replacement, an inspection of dust in less obvious spots, and an inspection of all in-room appliances and devices.

Tips:

1. Shuttle service between different locations at MarBrisa is great. Text the number on the shuttle stop sign, and they'll send a shuttle your way momentarily.
2. Legoland doesn't sell 2-day passes online. However, you can buy a second day pass for $30 per person at the gate (including the back gate). This Legoland isn't big, and you don't need two days to go through every attraction. One day is more than enough. We wanted to go anyway.

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
We recently stayed at Grand Pacific Palisades in a two bedroom, two bath unit facing the Pacific (#351). I highly recommend it.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Our only visit was during March one year. We had a unit on the second floor in the Cove area looking over the pool and grounds. Very nice unit and pool area. Being March, it was a bit cool for swimming and hanging around the pool, especially in the evenings. We had a great vacation, and there is plenty to keep you entertained in the area.

Kurt

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
In July I was at Grand Pacific Palisades (2 bdm ocean view) as well as Marbrisa (1 bdm golf course view). Personally, I enjoy GPP more but I own there and I consider it more family friendly (I have two kids). What I did enjoy about Marbrisa (the newer 80 building in Pointe) was the washer and dryer in the unit. I will have to complete my two reviews this weekend.

@Nowaker By the way, if one is interested in LEGOLAND the Costco down the street has two day tickets, which includes the water park and aquarium, for $119.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Love MarBrisa especially since we are a family of 7. We go there at least 4x/yr. We stay at The Pointe even though we have stayed at The Cove as well.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Clifbell posted some videos from his Carlsbad trips.
Just fast forward to skip the infomercial in the beginning of each video.

mandl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and Karen Avenue
Depends on what you are looking for. We just returned from a five night stay at MarBrisa. We weren't impressed. Of all the HGVC's we've stayed at, this place would be a 7. The rooms and grounds are old and tired. The BBQ's are old and tired. We could only find one BBQ out of seven nearby that worked. Be mindful of the code you book. The big pools and most amenities are in the Cove area if you want to be close, otherwise you'll be off in tin buck two. The pool towels are old and raggedy. There isn't anyone out by the pool keeping things tidy throughout the day. Rarely was there a waiter/waitress walking by to take an order. Always a line at the bar for food and drinks. Not enough help, but lots of minions driving around in golf carts. I could go on, but won't. We toured Grand Pacific Palisades to check it out for next time. That is where we will stay. Much nicer place for adults, (they have a separate beautiful quiet pool for adults away from the other pool) and depending on the time of year, the resort overlooks the famous flower fields.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Of all the HGVC's we've stayed at, this place would be a 7.
I agree. It's not the best but still good enough.

And yes - definitely book in The Cove neighborhood. The Pointe is too far from everything.