• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Car rental near HHV-need advice.

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to HHV in a couple of weeks. Need advice on where, near HHV, we can rent cars for a day or 2. Also, is there a charge for parking at HHV? We are staying at Lagoon tower.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
In the Discovery Bay Center at 1778 Ala Moana Blvd (6 minutes walking distance from HHV) you'll find Alamo, and (I think) a couple of other companies. Here's a link to a Google map of the route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=H...1778+ala+moana+blvd&mra=atm&dirflg=w&t=m&z=18

We rented from Alamo there in January, and rates were about half of what they wanted at the airport. I don't know what their current rates would be, but the location is pretty close to you.

Dave

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Hertz is on the property but probably more expensive than any other brand.

Parking is $27/night, I believe.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Hertz is on the property but probably more expensive than any other brand.

Parking is $27/night, I believe.

$27 would be the average of the $24 and the $30 option I suppose.

rebel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in June and the parking was $24 for self parking. There are some street parking spaces and lot next door, but you will need to feed the meter and not sure how hard to find. But they are correct in that Hertz is onsite but expensive and only open until early afternoon. We rented from Alamo and it is just a short walk. We got a great deal on a convertable for a week at under $200. It was through Costco. That made the parking price a little better.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Clearly the link isn't getting clicked to view the non-speculative pricing of parking. Here it is. Laziness. tsk tsk.

Parking

Hilton Hawaiian Village provides a six-level parking garage, conveniently accessible from all towers at the resort. Self-parking and valet parking are both available.

Daily Self-Parking Charge: $24.00*
Valet Parking Charge: $30.00*
Validated Self-Parking Charge: $8.00* (For event functions only. Not valid for overnight function parking.)
Validated Valet Parking Charge: $13.00* (For event functions only. Not valid for overnight function parking.)
Lost Ticket: $100.00*

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually get a car our last 3 days on Oahu. My husband catches the city Bus to the airport. We return the car when we catch our flight. So the money we would have spent on a cab ride back to the airport covers a whole rental car day.

We also get a rental car for 1 day we when arrive. Same costs as a cab plus we save a bundle by shopping at Costco.

You can get a 3 day parking pass at Hale Koa parking garage for 16 or 18(?) dollars a day.

jbird

Reaction score
car rental

We stayed at the Hawaiian Hilton 2 winters ago. At that time their was a rental agency located right on the property . We rented for a day at a time so their was no parking problems. We also found that we could rent from a vacation agent in the booth next door and receive a car from the car agency at a lower cost. I can not remember the car agency but if you call the Hotel they can tell you.

whatsburning

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also a parking area next to the lagoon (yacht side) that you pay one of those "pay here" machines. Overnight parking is something like $8. Just remember to take all your valuables out daily! Actually, the area is fairly safe, but you know how one bad apple spoils the bunch...