• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Capital Vacations Club

Seedoo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hey Folks,

I have been following TUGS for a while, but this might be my first post. I currently own 2 different timeshares, Club Wyndham and a timeshare in South Africa i used for the Pic Plus system for more Wyndham points. I was recently in Branson and did a tour at Stormy Point with Capital Vacations Club. I know that sales people at timeshare presentations lie like crazy, but i was curious if anyone owns with Capital Vacations Club and can confirm any of these claims.

Right now I own 3 weeks in my timeshare in South Africa, but i can only use 2 of those weeks in the Wyndham Pic Plus program, the 3rd week i am trading through RCI, and its not that user friendly to be honest.

I own 105k points in Wyndham and i get 254k x 2 for a total of 508k points for the 2 three bedroom units through Pic Plus…for a total of 613k points total.

The Capital Vacations folks made these claims:

1. I can get 1 point for 1 point exchange in their system for my Wyndham points. They called it Aspire program…so i would get 613k Aspire points
2. They claim the Aspire points go much further than the Wyndham points would go. They claim it will go approximately 2-3 times longer…even if i were to go to the same exact resorts.
3. They claim that they have created their own exchange similar to RCI called Global Something…with 4000 plus resorts. They claim the resorts are the same ones that RCI has because they use RCI.
4. They claim through another exchange they created they have 300,000+ resorts and hotels, they said if it is on Expedia, you can book it using your points.
5. They claim that through this other exchange with 300,000+ resorts, they pay cash for your booking and the exchange rate is 100,000 points equals $4000 in cash value on Expedia…so if i wanted to book a hotel in Paris and the week cost $4000, it would only cost me 100k points (this sounds too good to be true)
6. They claim they will allow me to convert points to cash equivalent that can be used to pay my maintenance fees. Currently i pay about $2700 per year in maintenance…and if i bought their program, my total maintenance would be $6000 total…they claim i could convert 300k points at a rate of $.02 per point for the $6k total maintenance fees.
7. On top of allowing me to use Aspire to convert my Wyndham points…they also claim i could convert my 3rd week i own in South Africa to their program as well…giving me another 154k aspire points.

The deal they offered was basically converting 767k points (613k Wyndham and 154k for my 3rd week), but in order to convert those, i would have to buy 50% more. That would be a purchase of 384k points plus my 767k would be a total of 1,150,000 points. After subtracting 300k for maintenance fees, they claim i would have 850k points left over to use in their 2 exchanges or in the resorts they manage…and if what they said is true…i would have that 850k points with no maintenance fees ever again. The cost of the 384k purchase was about $32,000 or so if i recall. That is less than 12 years of maintenance fees at what i am paying right now.

Can anyone confirm their claims?

Has anyone used either of their 2 exchange programs? The second exchange that has hotels…seems way fishy to me. If i did this and had the 850k points free and clear of maintenance fees…at a 100k to $4000 exchange rate…that would be $34000 of travel at the same rate i could buy that on expedia…every single year. The math doesnt work…there is no way they can recoup that kind of money selling my weeks on exchanges.

What is the real story/what is the catch?

Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
sending you a DM.

eellerman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same question about the Aspire program. Any details on how it work and if points can be used to pay maintenance fees?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If it is like most other timeshare programs using points to pay MF's nets you 20% toward things like travel and MF's. That means if 100,000 points cost you $1000 in MF's then turning in 100,000 points would likely get you about $200 toward MF's. That means you are losing $800 for every 100,000 you give back. The math almost never works out in favor of the vacation club member. Capital doesn't publish the program details on an open site. Perhaps someone who owns can tell you how much they are worth when paying MF's. Also most programs won't let you use expiring points. They have to be current or future year points. Buying into a program to give them back some sort of timeshare in order to pay for this one almost never works.