• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How To Get rid of or Get out of a Capital Resorts Timeshare!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TUG has an updated free guide on your exit options for a capital resorts timeshare:

alternatively, here is the direct information on how to reach out to capital resorts to try to surrender your ownership back:

Here is the official Website for the Capital Vacations Resorts deedback/surrender program:

CALL 1-888-214-3023

info@capitalvacations.com

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not terribly sure thats true of all the resorts within this brand?

based on the list on their website, there are plenty of deeded properties there.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
interesting, its still listed on the ARDA responsible exit page...also has the phone number and email on it

added the phone number and email to the first post since the information is no longer available via the link.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
updated link to new exit page

Ruthless

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake Kissimmee
Was wondering if anyone has successfully done this and if so what were the terms.

mikenancy11

Reaction score
The program doesn't seem to be as straightforward as Capital is making it out to be. I have two units I want to give back, one at Island Park Villages and the other at Fox Run. Capital says they will get me out of the Island Park as advertised, but referred me to call Fox Run directly. They told me I'd have to pay $2500 to deed my unit back to them, and wait until either late this year or early next year before hearing whether they decide to allow me to do so. If anyone has different experiences that are more straightforward, or know another way to work with Fox Run more directly, please share.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, more and more of these programs seems to be placing more and more restrictions on their surrender programs.

that said, it is also the tail end of the year and I can understand some limitations coming into play as the 2024 budgets have to be finalized and 2024 dues statements already being sent out etc.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

bh29621

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
La Costa Beach Club, Pompano Beach Fl
My wife and I can verify that this program works.

We started this process in December 2023 and received today the recorded deed removing us as the owners of the week and the notification of closing of our account with Capital Vacations. As mentioned in the article referenced above, we had no mortgage on the unit and the maintenance fees were current. We did pay a fee to the timeshare and a processing fee to Capital Vacations.

We are grateful to have this behind us.

I"ll also add that we would not have known of this option had I not stumbled onto TUG via a Google search while exploring options to end our timeshare ownership.

Thanks to those who administer, maintain and contribute to this site.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
very happy you found TUG and the information you needed to exit your timeshare vs falling for an exit/cancellation scam!

that alone likely saved you a fortune!

cindyhbt

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hollywood Beach tower

We started this process in December 2023 and received today the recorded deed removing us as the owners of the week and the notification of closing of our account with Capital Vacations. As mentioned in the article referenced above, we had no mortgage on the unit and the maintenance fees were current. We did pay a fee to the timeshare and a processing fee to Capital Vacations.

I"ll also add that we would not have known of this option had I not stumbled onto TUG via a Google search while exploring options to end our timeshare ownership.

I just requested today to deed back our Hollywood Beach tower timeshare. They have told me the fees. I have not initiated the deed back yet. I don't know the details yet on how to go about it. I just have the dollar amount. We have a deeded week that has always been current. Could you tell me more on how the process went for you?

aillum73

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timbers at Island Park
The program doesn't seem to be as straightforward as Capital is making it out to be. I have two units I want to give back, one at Island Park Villages and the other at Fox Run. Capital says they will get me out of the Island Park as advertised, but referred me to call Fox Run directly. They told me I'd have to pay $2500 to deed my unit back to them, and wait until either late this year or early next year before hearing whether they decide to allow me to do so. If anyone has different experiences that are more straightforward, or know another way to work with Fox Run more directly, please share.
mikenancy11 please call Island Park Villages at 208+558+7502 ask for the GM, they will help you give back your interval.

PowderRest

Reaction score

Hello. Can you share what the surrender fee was? We are seeing posts where they say it’s $2500 or $4500?