• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canyon Villas second bedroom configurations

snackyx

Reaction score
Do any of the 2BR units at MCV have two beds in the second bedroom, or are they all one bed and a couch that opens into a bed?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do any of the 2BR units at MCV have two beds in the second bedroom, or are they all one bed and a couch that opens into a bed?
I believe the dedicated 2BR units have two beds in the second bedroom. I believe these are in buildings 2300 and 2400. How did you or are you planning to reserve there? You likely need to be confirmed into one of these unit types in order to get that unit type.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
My recollection is the same as Dioxide45's. We stayed in a dedicated 2 BR unit in January/February. Of the eleven buildings, only 2 are dedicated 2 BR units. Of the last 12 times I've been at Canyon villas, only once was I placed in a dedicated (versus lock-off) unit.

PhoenixCanuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not only do the dedicated two-bedrooms have two queen beds in the second bedroom, but they also have a larger second bathroom using much of the space that is otherwise needed for the second entry area. Also, the entire kitchen counter remains at counter height, and does not step-up to bar height just in front of the stools, as in the lock-offs. It's a much better layout than the lock-offs, in my opinion.

And yes, the type of two-bedroom unit you'll get is determined at the time the reservation is made, based on whether "one entry door" or "two entry doors" is selected. It's not simply assigned to you by the rooms controller or the front desk at check in.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish more resorts had the 2 queen setup instead of the 1 bed and a pullout in the second bedroom. Particularly the resorts that are non-lock offs. Fairway Villas and Newport Coast both come to mind. 100% dedicated 2-bedrooms yet the 2nd bedroom is a bed and a pullout. 2 queens seems much more practical to me for those. I love the room setup at OceanWatch.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wish more resorts had the 2 queen setup instead of the 1 bed and a pullout in the second bedroom. Particularly the resorts that are non-lock offs. Fairway Villas and Newport Coast both come to mind. 100% dedicated 2-bedrooms yet the 2nd bedroom is a bed and a pullout. 2 queens seems much more practical to me for those. I love the room setup at OceanWatch.
I actually think most of the resorts have two beds in the second bedroom when it is a dedicated unit. Perhaps Fairway Villas and Newport are the only two that don't? Are there any others? We haven't been to either of those two yet.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually think most of the resorts have two beds in the second bedroom when it is a dedicated unit. Perhaps Fairway Villas and Newport are the only two that don't? Are there any others? We haven't been to either of those two yet.

At least according to the website-

Legends Edge
Cypress Harbour
Villas at Doral
Grande Ocean

I haven't been to any of these ones yet.

There may be others as well. These were just the ones I quickly found.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For MGO it's only a subset of the units that have a queen and pull out love seat. I've seen the number 17% but have no idea of it's accuracy.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
At least according to the website-

Legends Edge
Cypress Harbour
Villas at Doral
Grande Ocean

I haven't been to any of these ones yet.

There may be others as well. These were just the ones I quickly found.
Yeah, now that I think about it. Royal Palms also has only a queen in the second bedroom.

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
MCV definitely has two 2BR layouts. The 2BR FN or dedicated 2BR has a king in master and 2 queen beds in the guest. It only exists in building 23 and 24 at the South end of the complex. This is near the quiet pool. Building 24 is on the big courtyard and closer to the main pool.

All of the other buildings are 2BR lock-offable units.

If you own weeks at Canyon Villas or Visit with Destinaion Points join our Facebook group

Marriott Canyon Villas - Owners Group