• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't trade for Marriott hawaii in II?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The short answer is not "it is a lie" BUT the answer is "sort of"

Owners of enrolled weeks and points using the official corporate II portal which owners of enrolled weeks and points must use, will not see any II trades for Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares. So for those owners YES, you will not be able to use II to trade into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

BUT For anyone using there own II account, like resale owners of a Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares, they will be able to deposit their weeks and they should be able to find other owners who also deposited their weeks for trades into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

We have both kinds of II accounts and this is what we see. Our private II account shows Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trades but the number of available weeks is much more limited than prior years BUT our corporate II account where our enrolled week and MVC points are does not see any Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trade. There are still lots of Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares showing as get-a-ways in our private II account and not with the MVC II account.
Not true at all. Only DC points cannot trade back into a Marriott resort. Enrolled week owners can continue to deposit into Corporate II account and trade back into Marriott. I do that all the time.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The short answer is not "it is a lie" BUT the answer is "sort of"

Owners of enrolled weeks and points using the official corporate II portal which owners of enrolled weeks and points must use, will not see any II trades for Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares. So for those owners YES, you will not be able to use II to trade into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

BUT For anyone using there own II account, like resale owners of a Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares, they will be able to deposit their weeks and they should be able to find other owners who also deposited their weeks for trades into Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares.

We have both kinds of II accounts and this is what we see. Our private II account shows Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trades but the number of available weeks is much more limited than prior years BUT our corporate II account where our enrolled week and MVC points are does not see any Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares available for trade. There are still lots of Marriott/ Westin/ Sheraton timeshares showing as get-a-ways in our private II account and not with the MVC II account.
Utterly FALSE Bill. Does that make your post a lie? I have no idea where you go this info. Marriott weeks can and do trade for Marriott weeks in the enrolled account all day long.
PLEASE edit your post to correct the misinformation. Maybe explaining how you came to this false understanding.

Maybe you mean DC points deposited to II can't trade to Marriott weeks, which is true?
1655966033896.png

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Utterly FALSE Bill. Does that make your post a lie? I have no idea where you go this info. Marriott weeks can and do trade for Marriott weeks in the enrolled account all day long.
PLEASE edit your post to correct the misinformation. Maybe explaining how you came to this false understanding.

Maybe you mean DC points deposited to II can't trade to Marriott weeks, which is true?
View attachment 58706
My guess is he's referencing trading in II using deposited points. I haven't deposited points but it's my understanding that points deposits can't see MVC though can currently see the siblings. It's my guess that this will change at some point. This is another reason to own weeks, enrolled or not, over just points.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deposited DC points can see Vistana/Sheraton/Westin and in fact exchange into those brands without an exchange fee so even that doesn’t explain what Bill says he sees. I have a points derived week deposited into II and just confirmed this is still true.

Last edited: