• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't decide [Hyatt]

2bugsn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to this but need advise. We are considering buying a Hyatt Vacation Club timeshare. We have 2 choices but don't know what is the best choice.
One is at the Hyatt Beach Club in Key West. It sounds nice but has limited amneties (no exercise room, small pool, but water). This is week 14 (is a Gold season week at Hyatt and falls during spring break-April).
The other is the Hyatt Wild Oaks Ranch which is in our home state of TX and close to home. It has more amneties (multiple pools, "lazy river", nice fitness room. It is also a Gold season week (so same number of points) and that falls May.
There is a difference of about 1300 in price and the Fl one has cheaper annual maintenance.
We don't know how when you get your points affects your flexibility and need guidance.
Pleas help, thanks.
First time buyers and nervous.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Know nothing about the resort chain. But FL has seperate property tax bill. And usually when the seller list, it is not included in the MF.

Jya-Ning

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would take Hyatt Wild Oaks because I don't want to deal with Hurriance in Key west... Big possibility of assessment if one hit Key West and damage the property.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would imagine KW would get you any week at Wild Oaks but not vice versa

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're more likely to use the TX one. It's getting harder and more expensive to fly to KW and you wouldn't want to drive it from TX.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Tax bill not a big deal

The tax bill at Hyatt Key West is only about 90 dollars per year, so I would not consider that a deal breaker.

Take your time and look closely at the Hyatt system. When do you want to vacation? Do you have kids and are tied to spring break and summer?

I have to agree that the higher point week would be better if the purchase prices are close. With the Hyatt system, if an owner does not reserve their week within 6 months of check in or if the use points in II - the unit may become available to other members. So, I would check Kal's web site with a wealth of info. With Hyatt you are purchasing points and not always a specific week at a specific resort.

In saying that, there are people who do purchase a specific unit, exact week at a resort that they want to go back to each year. But, most Hyatt owners just try to get the most points they can and work the system.

Here is Kals web site

http://www.bywindkal.com/HVC.htm

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why people that do not know or own Hyatt's speculate on space. WOW!

"Would imagine KW would get you any week at Wild Oaks but not vice versa":wall:

If you would like to know what is open in Key West send me a PM and I would be happy to share that info with you. I need week,location and room size.

:cheer: PLEASE go to KAL's Website where the informations is true and it is not just a guess:cheer:

:clap: Hyatt Lake Tahoe owners do not forget to send in those HOA ballots time is running out 10 days left till election day. Vote for Steve Dallas:clap:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why people that do not know or own Hyatt's speculate on space. WOW!

"Would imagine KW would get you any week at Wild Oaks but not vice versa":wall:

So sorry to post since I am so uniformed Don't have a clue where wild oats (lol) is but not very fond of anything that has to do with Texas . . . .

I won't soil your beloved Hyatt threads

Last edited:

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to post since I am so uniformed Don't have a clue where wild oats (lol) is but not very fond of anything that has to do with Texas . . . .

I won't soil your beloved Hyatt threads

Rent Share,

NO PROBLEM here I do not like FL and you do not like TX but I love HYATT. I see you like SFO well Hyatt is coming to SFO union Sq very soon. You have good taste in timeshares I see, consider buying a Hyatt resale I hear through the grape vine sales of RESALES are HOT HOT HOT at Hyatt. Yes Hyatt resales right now are HOT HOT HOT buy now before Maui and other really great location get announced by Hyatt or just check out the Mast of Hyatt "KAL's" website #1 for Hyatt.

2bugsn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we decided to by the Wild Oaks ranch in San Antonio. I think we would use it more, and if something happened financially we could still use it cause we would not have to to spend on flying or long drive since we live 30 miles from San Antonio.

Another deciding factor was that Kal recommended the later month one. KW was a week in April and WO in May, the week of Memorial Day, which is nice.

The WO one had all of it's 2008 points still available, and the KW had used up all of theirs so we would have had to wait until after next April to use our points.

We don't know how long all the ownership transfer stuff takes. The papers are being sent to title company, and I guess Hyatt has to do their RFR review.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am sure I will have others once I try to figure out how this point thing works. We are very excited to being part of the HVC family.:whoopie: