• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can't book for 2020 with pts rolled over from 2018?

kevreh

Reaction score
Just learned this today. I'm sure it was explained to me at some point, but lot of details to absorb when you're learning about buying into the HGVC. So basically I have 2018 pts I rolled into 2019, but I can't use those to book for 2020(?) This is what I was told by a HGVC phone rep today.

If that's the case I'll probably just put them into RCI.

Thanks.....
Kevin

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
If you want to avoid paying to transfer them to RCI, you can use them before the end of the year to make a 2020 exchange using RCI.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Just learned this today. I'm sure it was explained to me at some point, but lot of details to absorb when you're learning about buying into the HGVC. So basically I have 2018 pts I rolled into 2019, but I can't use those to book for 2020(?) This is what I was told by a HGVC phone rep today.

If that's the case I'll probably just put them into RCI.

Thanks.....
Kevin

This is correct. The saved points are only good for 1 year after the original year. RCI would be your best bet, imo.

Talent312

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Yep.
An HGVC stay must be in the same calendar year as the year to which the points are allotted (or saved).

As others noted, one may book future RCI stays using current year points w/o depositing them to RCI.
Except one poster (Hurnick?) found that saved-points have a hard cut-off and thus, aren't drawn past that.
....At least, that's what happened to him a few years ago.
So, to use saved-points for future RCI stays, you may want to call it in and not trust the system to do it.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not belong to HGVC, I feel you must be also current with your 2020 MF.

Talent312

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I do not belong to HGVC... I feel you must be also current with your 2020 MF.

Au contraire, my fine feathered friend.
I have not yet paid any HGVC-MF, and yet have made both HGVC+RCI bookings for 2020.

That may be true for owners at certain affiliates, but not for owners at HGVC resorts.
With grace periods of 30-60 days., I can spread my MF payments over 3 CC cycles.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I have not yet paid any HGVC-MF, and yet have made both HGVC+RCI bookings for 2020.

That may be true for owners at certain affiliates, but not for owners at HGVC resorts.
With grace periods of 30-60 days., I can spread my MF payments over 3 CC cycles.

Yup, we booked Ocean 22 3 bedroom in June, borrowing from 2021 back in September and didn’t pay our 2020 MF’s until just last week. Now, if we didn’t pay our MF’s, I’m sure we would have our reservation canceled.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

That is outstanding.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yup. Given that one can book reservations for the next year long before the MFs are due, it would not be possible to place such a restriction.

Cheers.