• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancun for First Visit

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We would like to visit Cancun (Westin Lagunamar Resort) and would like to know the best month to visit? We are not limited to any particular time of year as we are retired and can visit anytime. Also, any help you can provide would be appreciated. Is the drinking water still an issue in Mexico? Our last visit was many years ago we were on the complete opposite side of the island. Any advice you can help us with would be very appreciated.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
You should start by looking up average temps by month and pick the temps that suit you. Cancun is busy with snow bird types in the winter months and families in the summer months. I prefer post-Easter. It’s not too hot yet and the crowds are mostly gone. Late summer-early fall is hurricane season. That’s about the only time I would avoid. Hot and muggy.

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
I have been the first week in January and the first week in April. January was nice for walking around and exploring and even the beach and water temp was fine, but a few nights I needed a light sweater. April was warmer but not too hot and humid. However I am heat sensitive and I got overheated touring the Mayan ruins. Lagunamar is a great resort with a mall across the street and you can get to other restaurants and groceries very easily by bus, taxi or walking. For activities the ruins at Tulum were interesting. Have also done adventure parks, snorkeling and ziplines. Book a tour for activities.

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
We enjoy the first weeks in December before all the rates increase. We go to an all inclusive where bottle water is replenished in the room daily, which we use. We have been sick at most resorts, just have a "touchy" internal system. We always call the house Dr. first signs of not doing well....do not wait til they get out of control and worsen. Also check with your DR. about taking with you anything that might help. We have out holiday booked for the Palace Grand in December...YIPPIE!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
January weather can be dicey. We went back in 2019 and there were days it was overcast and cool. As long as you were in the pool it was fine, but problematic to get out. We prefer mid April through May. We have been there ending a trip in early June when it rained so hard. I would avoid the summer, too hot and rains can put a damper on many days. I would also avoid September and October due to chances of tropical systems.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the very helpful hints. I will definitely take the advice about avoiding September and October..

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thank you everyone for the very helpful hints. I will definitely take the advice about avoiding September and October..

The weather and terrain is almost identical to South Florida.