• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancer diagnosis

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
We got some really bad news yesterday.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this.
Will be praying.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So sorry to hear. Sending prayers your way.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of you both - stay strong and hang in there. That "C" word :mad:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for a complete recovery for you both.

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. I received my diagnosis while on vacation in Hawaii in the spring of 2019. It does put a cloud (putting it mildly) on things. The year of surgery, mad chemo, radiation and all the other stuff is devastating to say the least. Just know that there will be good days interspersed with the bad and don’t let anyone tell you how to feel. Get your plan and start the attack. My prayers are with you.

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
We got some really bad news yesterday. We have eleven nights booked at HRC Coconut Plantation (April 20 to May 1) Message me if you want a

REALLY good deal.

Jim
Sorry to hear this news.
If you are on Facebook, you may also want to post this on the Hyatt Vacation Club Owners group.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on the type, and location, medicine has some come a long way in recent years. Does your doctor know of your plans, and can he recommend a delay? You could probably use the time off. In September of 2019, I woke up with 25 staples in my stomach that I never thought I would see. I am going home now to get the chemo port out next Thursday. I am blessed. Just keep chugging, and you will get through this. Blessings to you.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Praying for every one.

Bill

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I'm sorry to hear this. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear you're going through this. Cancer is such a scary word to hear, but there have been so many advances in treatment and therapies - keep hope in your heart! My family has a history of dealing with cancer (my father, aunt, and brother died of cancer 20+ years ago), but the next generation has beaten it! Like crushed it! Medicine has come a long way, but you still have my best wishes and prayers.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers for strength, peace, and healing.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend and neighbor is going through this right now. Her doctor told her 20 years ago there would have been no treatment, but not so today. Keep a bright outlook and know that many healing prayers are coming your way. Praying for you and your family.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I would not wish that journey on anyone, but it is your path now. Stay strong, even on tough days, you will be tested, but it does get better. Please do one thing, and that is DO NOT, under any circumstances, start researching your condition on the internet, and then try to compare yourself to someone online. It can be overwhelming and negative. Everyone is different. I got so sick of hearing those words "everyone is different" but it is totally true. Develop a really good relationship with your oncologist. Keep positive people in your life. Don't be afraid to ask for help. I'm 3+ years on the other side of it and thankful for every day. Will be sending good vibes and best wishes your way.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for full recovery.