• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling a Worldmark Reservation last minute

Gina Cabell

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
non
Hello,

I have a reservation for Feb 3rd - 9th at one of the resorts and I now have a work obligation so I can't make it. I tried to cancel my reservation online but it says that there is no cancellation and that I won't be refunded any money for my stay.

Has anyone successfully canceled a reservation with a no-cancel restriction and got their money/credits back? I booked it with inventory specials and it looks like they still have a lot of rooms available.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Only for serious illness. Why is this in TUG Lounge and not Worldmark?

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Phone in to cancel, if you must. You should be able to request a refund of monies paid to the extent that the space was consumed by another member. However, if the room sits empty, there will be no refund offered. The refund is a manual process requested after the travel dates have passed. (That was true at the time I last used it ... but that was long ago. Good luck!)

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Only for serious illness. Why is this in TUG Lounge and not Worldmark?
Could be so that it will be seen by more folks - the WorldMark forum is not the easiest forum to find here....

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Could be so that it will be seen by more folks - the WorldMark forum is not the easiest forum to find here....
Ah ... and that is why I love scanning TUG using the "Recent Threads" feature! :)

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to call to cancel. They will only refund to the extent the night are used by someone else, and not until after the stay.

Also, it isn't the specific unit you had that needs to be booked. It is EVERY unit of that type. If even one goes unbooked they won't refund.

So if you can't make it and there is lots of availability, you may be better off advertising the stay in the last minute forum here. The limit is $100/night, but it might be better to go less to make it a bargain and get it rented. This option is better if you have a free guest certificate left.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Ah ... and that is why I love scanning TUG using the "Recent Threads" feature! :)

And I do too - but your point does remind me of how easy it is to 'miss' posts and replies in the Recent Threads feature if things get really busy around here. I may be actively participating in a good number of threads at any one time but if a bit of time elapses before I check in again, I may have threads on pages 1, 6 and 10 of the Recent Threads forum and it is real easy to miss thread responses as I click through pages in the Recent Threads forum. I see the Watch Thread and Watch Forums features at the top of the page, but I haven't made use of them. I probably should though.

Have a pleasant remainder of your evening, Rhonda!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hello,

I have a reservation for Feb 3rd - 9th at one of the resorts and I now have a work obligation so I can't make it. I tried to cancel my reservation online but it says that there is no cancellation and that I won't be refunded any money for my stay.

Has anyone successfully canceled a reservation with a no-cancel restriction and got their money/credits back? I booked it with inventory specials and it looks like they still have a lot of rooms available.

If you used bonus time and missed your cancellation date you might be able to post the week on the bargain deals at tug or maybe join the worldmark facebook page and post it there.

Bill

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
If you check the resort for Bonus Time availability you can get an idea of how likely yours is to be picked up by someone else. I've cancelled 3 times past the cancellation date and always got my points back, but mine were more desirable locations and times, so that helped; and like others said, you have to call to request it as it's not automatic. Once you cancel you can also watch for the different type units in Bonus Time. I have to admit that's a little nerve-racking though, as the different dates and units would appear and disappear, then others appear, and so on.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
If you check the resort for Bonus Time availability you can get an idea of how likely yours is to be picked up by someone else. I've cancelled 3 times past the cancellation date and always got my points back, but mine were more desirable locations and times, so that helped; and like others said, you have to call to request it as it's not automatic. Once you cancel you can also watch for the different type units in Bonus Time. I have to admit that's a little nerve-racking though, as the different dates and units would appear and disappear, then others appear, and so on.

With bonus time, the wm member pays cash, with no points involved. The same goes for fax time and all reservations that are cash payment.

Bill