• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cancelling a Marriott exchange

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I know this question has been asked before but I can't seem to search these threads well enough to find anything on my own.

So, if I have a Marriott exchange that I cancel before 60 days out, what happens to the week I used for that trade. I don't get my Marriott week back, I know, but what do I get and will I keep my Marriott preference?

If I understand things, I will get some kind of replacement week from II and it will be good for one year? It will also keep my Marriott preference? Thanks.

...and if I do only get a year to use the replacement week, is it a year from the day I receive the replacement week or a year from the week I gave up?

-Jim

Last edited:

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread. So, my replacement week is good for one year from the cancel date? Does that mean the week I book with the replacement week has to occur within that year or do I just have to book something else within a year?

For example, the week I am thinking about canceling is an exchange for this Easter. If I cancel it now, will I need to book something else and travel within a year from now or do I just have to find something else to book before now and a year from now. Ideally, I would like to use my replacement week for something in summer of 2013.

Does anyone know if I retain Marriott preference. This thread was indifferent about that. Thanks.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travel needs to be completed one year from when you cancel, unfortunately. It will retain the Marriott preference as I recently used a cancellation week(willow ridge lodge gold 1 bedroom) to exchange into a 3 bedroom at surfwatch for early May. No way that trade happens without Marriott priority!