• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelled Reservation-Points not returned...

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
On Friday, 3/13 we got the email that said all reservations canceled 24 hours or more before checkin would have the associated points/RT/HK returned. We cancelled a 3BR at Emerald Grande Friday afternoon that had a 4PM 3/15 checkin. The next morning, Saturday 3/14, we cancelled a 4BR we had reserved for the same checkin date.
We have received all of our points back for the 4BR (cancelled 3/14) but none of the points for the 3BR (cancelled 3/13). The email said all points would be returned within 72 hours, today has been six days.
Anyone else have this issue? I will be calling and report back what Wyndham says about the issue.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
When you call, tell them what happened, ask to speak to Owner Care. The Vacation planners won’t be able to do much. You should have them back by now. The weekend days don’t count towards that 72 hours but even when you subtract those, you’re past that 72 hours.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
On Friday, 3/13 we got the email that said all reservations canceled 24 hours or more before checkin would have the associated points/RT/HK returned. We cancelled a 3BR at Emerald Grande Friday afternoon that had a 4PM 3/15 checkin. The next morning, Saturday 3/14, we cancelled a 4BR we had reserved for the same checkin date.
We have received all of our points back for the 4BR (cancelled 3/14) but none of the points for the 3BR (cancelled 3/13). The email said all points would be returned within 72 hours, today has been six days.
Anyone else have this issue? I will be calling and report back what Wyndham says about the issue.
We actually stayed one night of a 4 night reservation checking in on the 11th and out on the 12th (the event we were attending was cancelled) which was before they made the announcement. We called and they refunded the unused points. I’m sure they’ll fix it if you call Owner Care as Richelle suggested.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I should have mentioned that I did call Monday and they said the 72 hours were “business hours “. Maybe that means 9 business days? But I can swear they told me 3 business days and points would be refunded by Wednesday. I will be calling again shortly.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Talked to Wyndham, they said they would try and return our points. Owner Services agreed they should have been returned, but they said it could take a while..

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
My guess is that they have written a program to find the cancelations and restore the points since it is contrary to their normal rules.

If the program somehow misses a reservation then it has to be handled manually and they are probably down staff.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today is day 8 since we cancelled, points still not returned to our account. So much for the 72 hour comment in the email...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Today is day 8 since we cancelled, points still not returned to our account. So much for the 72 hour comment in the email...
How frustrating. I had 2 reservations that I cancelled less than 15 days from checkin. For those I called in and they were credited immediately. I would hope you could call back and get a VC to transfer you to Owner Care and get them credited.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How frustrating. I had 2 reservations that I cancelled less than 15 days from checkin. For those I called in and they were credited immediately. I would hope you could call back and get a VC to transfer you to Owner Care and get them credited.

I agree with Sandi. Owner Care was able to credit ours immediately. They are the only ones that can is what we were told.

Harry

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone. I talked to Member Services Monday and Owner Care yesterday. Owner care said they had to send a message somewhere to have the points credited to make sure they didn’t dual credit me. I expected to see them today. Maybe Monday...

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Talked to Ownercare again today, issue resolved immediately.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone seen an end date for being able to cancel without penalty? I thought I had read in another thread that someone was told it was 3/31. However, I don’t see that documented on the owners website. The only date mentioned is that you can cancel reservations with a checkin date up to May 15. I have a reservation checking in on May 10 that I do not have points protection for at this time. I will need to purchase it if the grace period is going to end soon.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen an end date for being able to cancel without penalty? I thought I had read in another thread that someone was told it was 3/31. However, I don’t see that documented on the owners website. The only date mentioned is that you can cancel reservations with a checkin date up to May 15. I have a reservation checking in on May 10 that I do not have points protection for at this time. I will need to purchase it if the grace period is going to end soon.
You don’t need the Points Protection, Checkin before May 15th you can cancel online up to 24 hours prior to checkin & get your points-RT back within 72 hours after cancelling. It’s in the Thread on Covid 19 updates
E2FF406C-69EB-42B7-9BA9-3205B1D3EE2C.jpeg79311B88-7D79-49E6-A914-74FA4FC39795.jpeg

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We had our Margaritaville Pigeon Forge points returned while on the phone confirming the cancelation (which was initiated by Wyndham).

Trouble is, 7075 of those points went to that old credit pool that for us expires May 13, 2020. I doubt we’ll be able to use those .. not sure if they get extended either from reading the other thread here. I guess that number of points is only worth about $35.

Bob

Last edited:

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
We had our Margaritaville Pigeon Forge points returned while on the phone confirming the cancelation (which was initiated by Wyndham).

Trouble is, 7075 of those points went to that old credit pool that for us expires May 13, 2020. I doubt we’ll be able to use those .. not sure if they get extended either from reading the other thread here. I guess that number of points is only worth about $35.

Bob
We had something similar. Cancelled Taos. The majority of the points (130-150K or so, I don't remember) went back into the old credit pool expiring 3/31. Owner care has told me there is nothing that can be done about those; at least that is what they were saying a few days/1 week ago. Oh well