• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancellation question:. Membership Materials

SadAl

Reaction score
We purchased a Club Wyndham Discovery package after the typical sales pressure that they give you at the presentation. Needless to say, it was a big mistake

I've read the threads on cancellation I could find and they were very helpful. I know the time we have to complete this process and we are only one day later. Well have to waste more of our vacation time to fix this but at this point, it's a small price to pay for being free of this.

I have all the information on where to send it and format of letter to send. My question is on this:.

"To cancel, you must notify Windham in writing of your intent to cancel and all Membership materials must be shipped back on good condition."

What "Membership materials" need to be sent back? Is it just the tote and book? Do I need to send back a copy of the complete paperwork as well?

Thank you!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a Club Wyndham Discovery package after the typical sales pressure that they give you at the presentation. Needless to say, it was a big mistake

I've read the threads on cancellation I could find and they were very helpful. I know the time we have to complete this process and we are only one day later. Well have to waste more of our vacation time to fix this but at this point, it's a small price to pay for being free of this.

I have all the information on where to send it and format of letter to send. My question is on this:.

"To cancel, you must notify Windham in writing of your intent to cancel and all Membership materials must be shipped back on good condition."

What "Membership materials" need to be sent back? Is it just the tote and book? Do I need to send back a copy of the complete paperwork as well?

Thank you!
We recommend that you send a COPY of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Just send the rescission letter, and include 'Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover.' Then ship their junk by cheapest means and keep the postal receipt.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even both to ship them their junk back. They are supposedly allowed to charge you for the items you do not return, but I don't think they ever actually do. Just focus on getting the recession letter mailed in time with tracking and you will be fine.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you!

State Law requires that if you wish to Rescind your purchase then you must do so within "X" amount of days (depending on which State is involved).

You must send your cancellation within the correct time frame using USPS Certified Mail, and retain the Receipt for your records. The date of the cancellation is the important thing here; not when the recipient receives it.

Sending the "Membership Materials" back is your choice but I might add you really no longer need them so why not ?

You'll receive your money back within 45 days.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Thank you!

Congrats on saving thousands of dollars. You did the right thing as there are free Wyndham TS at https://www.timesharenation.com/resort/Wyndham-Points

Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
As mentioned above, legally they can charge you for any materials you fail to return, but no one has every reported that happening.

If it is concern then I would handle it by putting it back on them - "Please provide instructions on the return of the materials provided during the sales process."

Last edited:

HDahl7

Reaction score
Not sure how to post a new thread, but I had sent our rescission letter, on the 2nd day of the 5 day window that Wisconsin grants legally. This morning I just checked on the tracking of the USPS website and now it says it will be arriving later than expected. It was supposed to be arriving on the 5th day window and I am feeling sick to my stomach... I do have a sister that lives in Las Vegas who says she could drop it off by hand... Should I fax her our papers and try to nip this in the bud ? I did send it certified with pictures and I do have the original receipt

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to post a new thread, but I had sent our rescission letter, on the 2nd day of the 5 day window that Wisconsin grants legally. This morning I just checked on the tracking of the USPS website and now it says it will be arriving later than expected. It was supposed to be arriving on the 5th day window and I am feeling sick to my stomach... I do have a sister that lives in Las Vegas who says she could drop it off by hand... Should I fax her our papers and try to nip this in the bud ? I did send it certified with pictures and I do have the original receipt
The day you sent it Certified USPS is the date of your rescission. Keep your receipt , relax & you’re fine
Even if you sent it on the 5th day you’d be fine, it doesn’t matter when Wyndham receives it

On the Wyndham Threads page look at the pink sticky thread on Rescinding & you’ll see a couple of fax numbers along with an email address if want to do anything further.

Last edited:

SadAl

Reaction score
First off, thank you everyone for all the support. I had an additional question. We signed the paperwork (the mistake) on Wednesday 7/31. We made the appropriate letter as guided by this site and sent it to the address via registered mail and the rest of the materials in a separate package all on Thursday 8/1. Because we had no car on this trip, we sent it via a UPS location that had USPS services. I have a dated receipt and the USPS tracking number.

It is now Saturday 8/3 and I'm not seeing anything online when I enter the USPS tracking number on the USPS website which is freaking me out. Has this happened to anyone else? We will be home tomorrow but no post office is open until Monday 8/5. Should I try to send it again for piece of mind or is that outside the 5 day window? Could sending it again mess it up? It's either the 5th or 6th day depending what is considered the 1st day.

Thanks again to everyone here!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
First off, thank you everyone for all the support. I had an additional question. We signed the paperwork (the mistake) on Wednesday 7/31. We made the appropriate letter as guided by this site and sent it to the address via registered mail and the rest of the materials in a separate package all on Thursday 8/1. Because we had no car on this trip, we sent it via a UPS location that had USPS services. I have a dated receipt and the USPS tracking number.

It is now Saturday 8/3 and I'm not seeing anything online when I enter the USPS tracking number on the USPS website which is freaking me out. Has this happened to anyone else? We will be home tomorrow but no post office is open until Monday 8/5. Should I try to send it again for piece of mind or is that outside the 5 day window? Could sending it again mess it up? It's either the 5th or 6th day depending what is considered the 1st day.

If it gives you peace of mind then I would send another copy by fax and email. Number and address is in the sticky:
https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...-my-recent-wyndham-timeshare-purchase.292041/

If you signed on Wed, you have 5 full calendar days to mail it. So Monday is the last day. If you want additional peace of mind, send another copy by certified mail on Mon.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Try the UPS website as well. I ship packages with USPS often. If you PM me a picture of the tracking number, I can figure out if it’s a USPS or UPs tracking number and the status.

Mind sharing how much you would save with the rescission?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I wasn't aware that Unite Parcel Service (UPS) locations were ever doing any United States Postal Service (USPS) transactions as I thought that was absolutely not allowed at all.

In any event, if you did mail it via USPS Certified Mail then the clerk should have provided you with a dated receipt with a tracking number. It is important that you retain that in case there are any questions regarding the date of deposit into the USPS mail stream.

If you are not seeing any tracking numbers then I would guess that the UPS site has not yet put your letter into the USPS mail stream, and you can only hope they do so. And by the way, if you by chance mailed it via UPS then the tracking number you were provide should work on the UPS website.

In the meantime, for your own piece of mind, I would go to a United States Postal Service Office (USPS) and mail another Certified letter stating that this second letter is being sent to confirm that you did in fact send the original letter out several days earlier and you wanted to be very sure that they have received it (do provide them a xerox copy of your original letter and a xerox copy of your original receipt).

For everyones information; the United Parcel Service (UPS) is a FOR PROFIT operation, while the United States Postal Service (USPS) is a NOT FOR PROFIT operation and a quasi branch of the United States Government.

Last edited:

SadAl

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that Unite Parcel Service (UPS) locations were every doing any United States Postal Service (USPS) transactions as I thought that was absolutely not allowed at all.

In any event, if you did mail it via USPS Certified Mail then the clerk should have provided you with a dated receipt with a tracking number. It is important that you retain that in case there are any questions regarding the date of deposit into the USPS mail stream.

If you are not seeing any tracking numbers then I would guess that the UPS site has not yet put your letter into the USPS mail stream, and you can only hope they do so. And by the way, if you by chance mailed it via UPS then the tracking number you were provide should work on the UPS website.

In the meantime, for your own piece of mind, I would go to a United States Postal Service Office (USPS) and mail another Certified letter stating that this second letter is being sent to confirm that you did in fact send the original letter out several days earlier and you wanted to be very sure that they have received it (do provide them a xerox copy of your original letter and a xerox copy of your original receipt).

For everyones information; the United Parcel Service (UPS) is a FOR PROFIT operation, while the United States Postal Service (USPS) is a NOT FOR PROFIT operation and a quasi branch of the United States Government.

Thanks for your response. I think that's the path I'm going to take. Just an FYI for people in case it comes in handy for anyone. On top of of the normal UPS shipping, at least some UPS stores offer at least limited USPS services. There is some sort of partnership between the two. I do have the official USPS receipt that says USPS on it. I was only aware of this myself since we've used it at work before. My only concern this time was the guy behind the counter seemed new to the process.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your response. I think that's the path I'm going to take. Just an FYI for people in case it comes in handy for anyone. On top of of the normal UPS shipping, at least some UPS stores offer at least limited USPS services. There is some sort of partnership between the two. I do have the official USPS receipt that says USPS on it. I was only aware of this myself since we've used it at work before. My only concern this time was the guy behind the counter seemed new to the process.

@SadAl
We hope that your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

SadAl

Reaction score
@SadAl
We hope that your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

The price was $2600 + $150 in fees for 300000 points. Being a Discovery package, it was a one time purchase of points. I'm happy to report that I already saw the credit added back to my credit card today so at the very least, they were quick at refunding my money.

Thanks again to everyone here! Your feedback really helped me out