• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancellation and Refund Policy -- extended till June 30, 2021

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We understand that our Club Members may feel uncertainty about booking future travel during this time. To allow for travel flexibility and peace of mind, we are waiving our reservation cancellation policy through April 2021 so you can cancel any time prior to check-in. Members will receive a full refund of Points and Open Season fees for any reservation cancellations made through April 30, 2021.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
That’s good news. I’ve got a March Kingsland and a late April Tortuga so I am covered should the rona strike.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Good for those with bookings before before July 1st.
I only get an extra week, but hey every little bit helps.
Perhaps we'll see add'l modifications down the road.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks for posting this because I completely missed it. I was expecting HGVC to extend it. Now my late March/early April trip is covered.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
I saw this a few days ago - they haven’t advertised this widely. Good of them to do so but they don’t want to promote cancellations, which is understandable

Papa2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten (3)
HGVC GP Marbrisa
We understand that our Club Members may feel uncertainty about booking future travel during this time. To allow for travel flexibility and peace of mind, we are waiving our reservation cancellation policy through April 2021 so you can cancel any time prior to check-in. Members will receive a full refund of Points and Open Season fees for any reservation cancellations made through April 30, 2021.
Can't find the extension policy notice in the HGVC Alerts on the dashboard. Where did you see this?

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't find the extension policy notice in the HGVC Alerts on the dashboard. Where did you see this?

1613412768856.png

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Papa2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC GP Marbrisa

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
As a reference, here‘s HGVC normal Resort Cancellation Chart

901E696C-F722-42E8-AEA1-1FECE81BFE3E.jpeg

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

The Cancellation and Refund Policy is extended to April 30, 2021. In Bold Letters it says that Points and Open Season Fees will be refunded; not Reservation Fees. I believe In 2020 reservation fees were refunded as well as the points were extended to 2021 without cost. With the new policy that reservations can't be modified within the 60 day period means that members still need to move a reservation more than 60 days before a Club Reservation or lose the Reservation Fee even if the points will be refunded up until April 30.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I believe In 2020 reservation fees were refunded as well as the points were extended to 2021 without cost.

Nope. If you moved the reservation in 2020, you obviously did not lose the reservation fee, but if you cancelled the reservation, you did not get a refund of the reservation fee. We cancelled a Club booking in Florida for Dec 01-12, 2020. Once released, the points were automatically saved to 2021, but we had to eat the reservation fee.

Papa2015

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC GP Marbrisa
So, if we move the reservation and not cancel the reservation, we save the fee?

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. If you moved the reservation in 2020, you obviously did not lose the reservation fee, but if you cancelled the reservation, you did not get a refund of the reservation fee. We cancelled a Club booking in Florida for Dec 01-12, 2020. Once released, the points were automatically saved to 2021, but we had to eat the reservation fee.

Yes, you only get a refund of the reservation fee if the resort was closed at the time of your reservation. If the resort was opened already, you only get points back, but must eat the cost of the reservation fees for deciding not to go, just the points were return even to our account if you were under 15 days or less within check-in date.

It's still much better than the standard reservation cancellation policy, so I will take it.

Great3

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Cancellation and Refund Policy is extended to April 30, 2021. In Bold Letters it says that Points and Open Season Fees will be refunded; not Reservation Fees. I believe In 2020 reservation fees were refunded as well as the points were extended to 2021 without cost. With the new policy that reservations can't be modified within the 60 day period means that members still need to move a reservation more than 60 days before a Club Reservation or lose the Reservation Fee even if the points will be refunded up until April 30.

I just saw this, so it seems to imply you can still change your reservations as long as done before April 30th, 2021. Meaning you don't have to cancel and eat the reservation fee if modify under 61 days. Does everyone agree with my interpretation?

Changeable Reservation Policy
The Changeable Reservation Policy was modified, limiting changes to 61 days or more in advance of check-in for travel starting in the same calendar year. The previous policy allowed changes any time before check-in as long as the change resulted in the use of the same number of ClubPoints or greater for travel starting in the same calendar year.

The new Changeable Reservation Policy applies to all new reservations and reservations confirmed before January 1, 2021.

Please note that in light of COVID-19, Club is waiving the reservation cancellation policy, including the new Changeable Reservation Policy, through April 30, 2021, to allow for travel flexibility and peace of mind. Once the COVID-19 waiver ends, the new Changeable Reservation Policy will go into effect. Visit the Club News page for the latest details.

Thanks,
Great3

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I just saw this, so it seems to imply you can still change your reservations as long as done before April 30th, 2021. Meaning you don't have to cancel and eat the reservation fee if modify under 61 days. Does everyone agree with my interpretation?

The Changeable Reservation Policy was modified, limiting changes to 61 days or more in advance of check-in for travel starting in the same calendar year. The previous policy allowed changes any time before check-in as long as the change resulted in the use of the same number of ClubPoints or greater for travel starting in the same calendar year.

The new Changeable Reservation Policy applies to all new reservations and reservations confirmed before January 1, 2021.

Please note that in light of COVID-19, Club is waiving the reservation cancellation policy, including the new Changeable Reservation Policy, through April 30, 2021, to allow for travel flexibility and peace of mind. Once the COVID-19 waiver ends, the new Changeable Reservation Policy will go into effect. Visit the Club News page for the latest details.

Thanks,
Great3

I know there a lot of issues with the HHhonor policy last year, but for the most part, HGVC has been great during the pandemic. I took advantage of the free bookings last May and the suspension of the changing and canceling the reservation policies have been very helpful as well. The free 2020 point saving and the roll-over of saved 2019 points into 2021 were great as well. Other systems have not been as flexible and HGVC sure didn't have to help us in this way. To me, it's just a continuation of the customer service you get at the resorts (non-sales departments). My MF's didn't change from 2020-2021 and some of you all even got partial MF refunds!

I know there were some worries about people using the glut of points in 2021, but I don't think it's been all that bad. I got all the reservations I wanted and even had a choice of several hard-to-book resorts when we made our reservations.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Thanks,
Great3

Yes, correct. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Including the new Changeable Reservation Policy” is stated on the SUMMARY OF 2021 CLUB PROGRAM CHANGES PAGE but not on the CLUB NEWS PAGE :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

C6B5D4F7-9DAA-404E-8502-83B609CA2869.jpeg

6A833E28-9428-452F-A51C-B746DB25FD81.jpeg

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Great3

So in terms of how it actually works, the online system has defaulted to the new policy. I tried to change a reservation online that was less than 60 days out but the system would not let me do so. I had to call in to have someone from owner services make the change for me (no fee). Once I was outside that 60 days, then I was able to change it again online.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So in terms of how it actually works, the online system has defaulted to the new policy. I tried to change a reservation online that was less than 60 days out but the system would not let me do so. I had to call in to have someone from owner services make the change for me (no fee). Once I was outside that 60 days, then I was able to change it again online.
Ugh, thanks for the warning.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that does stinks. Thanks for sharing, because I have a feeling I am gonna need to move a mid-May reservation.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
HGVC IT has hosed my reservation list due to probably this update. Now my reservation list is in reverse order (starting with the last reservation). Since I have so many reservations, it is on two pages. Then, of course, the website won't allow me to access page two which would show the upcoming reservations.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
My list was reversed as well. Makes me wonder if they have anyone test their changes before updating. Good grief!

Kurt

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes, correct. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Including the new Changeable Reservation Policy” is stated on the SUMMARY OF 2021 CLUB PROGRAM CHANGES PAGE but not on the CLUB NEWS PAGE :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Update... Hopefully this will be fixed soon

On Feb 25, I reported this missing clarification/wording on the HGVC Club News page to HGVC via input@hgvc.com
On Feb 26, I’ve received the following response from HGV.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding the website. I have shared your email with our Web Team for review. We are continuously adding new options and functionality to our website and many of the changes have been based on member feedback.