• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

canceling with in 60 days of arrival

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
Currently we have a trade for one or our Marriott weeks for Desert Spring Villas in Palm Desert for mid January. Since I made the trade, travel restrictions from our state to California have become more stringent and harder to comply with. Both states require negative covid tests with 72 hours of arrival to California and also on return to PA. I am not sure how available testing will be on either end so I am concerned we will need to cancel. I know we are less than 60 days from arrival. Do I have any options with Interval to extend the date and utilize this week at another time?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you purchase E-Plus?
When did you make the exchange?

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have enrolled weeks with Marriott so don’t purchase Eplus. I had made the exchange in October.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Since the week is enrolled you can just keep retrading it out 59 days until the expiration date. I am in the same boat and have one unit that I cancelled within 60 days. Every month I just move that unit out to the 59 day mark until I find a reservation I need.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do the same as Frank does with one of my weeks. Got caught with a July Kauai Beach Club reservation.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since the week is enrolled you can just keep retrading it out 59 days until the expiration date. I am in the same boat and have one unit that I cancelled within 60 days. Every month I just move that unit out to the 59 day mark until I find a reservation I need.
Thanks, I have never been in this situation before so I was afraid I would lose it if we can't travel in the next 6-8 weeks. The original date for the exchange was for Feb. 2021 so how long is it until expiration date? Is it one year after that?

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve retraded my July Kauai Beach Club week bimonthly...just about to trade into Palm Desert for February.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thanks, I have never been in this situation before so I was afraid I would lose it if we can't travel in the next 6-8 weeks. The original date for the exchange was for Feb. 2021 so how long is it until expiration date? Is it one year after that?
What was the check in date of the unit used in the exchange?

If unit used is Feb 2021 check in, the expiration is 2 years so feb 2023. It is 2 years from the check out date of unit used the get the exchange.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What was the check in date of the unit used in the exchange?

If unit used is Feb 2021 check in, the expiration is 2 years so feb 2023. It is 2 years from the check out date of unit used the get the exchange.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Yes, the check in date for the unit used in exchange is February 2021. So I have two years from
That date to use it. That’s great. I thought there was something about two years but wasn’t sure how that played in with the exchange being retraded with the 60 days window.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Currently we have a trade for one or our Marriott weeks for Desert Spring Villas in Palm Desert for mid January. Since I made the trade, travel restrictions from our state to California have become more stringent and harder to comply with. Both states require negative covid tests with 72 hours of arrival to California and also on return to PA. I am not sure how available testing will be on either end so I am concerned we will need to cancel. I know we are less than 60 days from arrival. Do I have any options with Interval to extend the date and utilize this week at another time?
I do not believe CA require negative COVID tests 72 hours prior to arrival to California. Right now it is just an advisory to self-quarantine for 14 days during the Thanksgiving to Christmas period.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do not believe CA require negative COVID tests 72 hours prior to arrival to California. Right now it is just an advisory to self-quarantine for 14 days during the Thanksgiving to Christmas period.
I know PA is recommending it so my work is using that as a requirement now. I don’t think the state has any way of actually enforcing it right now but my work is making it part of our travel policy. Not sure if that will change any time soon.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
I’ve retraded my July Kauai Beach Club week bimonthly...just about to trade into Palm Desert for February.
I have the same problem with my October Kauai Beach reservation. Can you tell me how to "retrade" to keep it active? I am about to lose my Maui reservations to the same fate for the first time in 20 years. Thanks.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
First questions lockewong:
1. Do you belong to the Marriott Vacation Club?
2. Is your October Kauai Beach reservation an ownership week or an II trade?
3. Is your Maui reservation an ownership week or an II trade?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We're in similar boat with DSV Palm Desert exchange for week after Xmas. Was planning on driving south to California. Have e-plus, so can move out 6 months at most. Made exchange last spring with mixture of restricted and deposited Hyatt points.