• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canceling Time Share

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hello members

I am getting ready to send my cancelation letter in to cancel my time share, I have all the recommend information on the letter. I purchased the time share in Nevada, law states you have 5 days to cancel. My questions is do they need to receive the letter in 5 days, or does the letter just have to be mailed within the 5 days? No where on line can I find this information. All it states is you have 5 days to cancel. Do you I send a copy of the entire contract in to cancel or just the letter? Below is a copy of my letter, if someone who has experience please review the letter: The help is greatly appreciated there a lot of cash involved here, just want to make sure I have the letter correct and all the facts. Your help if greatly appreciated.

Henry Knipschild

1 st street

Warner Robins GA, 55555

Dec 10, 20
Attention: Accounting Service Center

Wyndham Resorts

Rescission Dept. P.O. Box 690189

Orlando Florida 32821

Subject: World Mark, The Club Retail Installment Contract

Date December 10, 2016

Dear: Attention Accounting Service Operations

This is to notify you that we Henry and Yvonne Knipschild have elected to terminate the “World Mark The Club Retail Installment contract” agreement with you signed on 9 Dec 16. Termination will be effective as of 13 Dec 2016. The termination of this agreement is stated under the Contract Notice to Buyer (d) as noted in the contract ” At the time of the contract a down payment of $XXXX was made to Wyndham Visa rewards card. Please cancel or refund this transaction $XXXX to Wyndham Visa card ending in XXXX.

The reason to cancel is due to increase sales pressure to buy on the spot, without ample time to overlook the contract. After reviewing the entire contract, it does not meet our current or future travel needs.

Thanks for taking the time to give us presentation of the resort.

Please notify me Henry Knipschild by phone or email when this cancelation is final at 555-555-5555 or by email at xxxxx@yahoo.com.

Enclosed: Copy Contract

Sincerely

Henry Knipschild Signature: __________________________________

Yvonne Knipschild Signature: __________________________________--

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Read the paperwork they gave you. Somewhere in there is a Rescission process. Sometimes it's inside the back cover of the manual they gave you. Regardless, the process must be followed to the letter. Do not assume you can do it your own way. You need to do it the way they want it done. Generally, the postmark on the letter is the date they'll honor - not the date they receive it. Check the paperwork for the right answer.

Good luck!

Dave

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with Dave's response that normally the postmark date is what is counted. (In other words, as long as you get it postmarked by day 5 of a 5-day rescission period, you should be ok.)

Re. your letter, I'm not sure it should go to the Accounting Service Operations--perhaps just Member Services, or better yet--try to find specific rescission instructions in your paperwork.

BTW, if that is your real name & address included above in the copy of your letter, I suggest you not post those on a message board.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason to cancel is due to increase sales pressure to buy on the spot, without ample time to overlook the contract. After reviewing the entire contract, it does not meet our current or future travel needs.

Please notify me Henry Knipschild by phone or email when this cancelation is final at .

You do not have to supply a reason. The only reason you are supplying a reason is just so spout off at them for lying to you.

This is just me but I would not thank them "for taking the time to give [you a] presentation of the resort" as it probably was more of a strain on your time than on theirs.

Also, they are not required to notify you when the rescission is complete. You will see the completion of it once you see your refund. Many TUGgers would recommend not contacting the resort, sales people, or corporate office or, as you are putting it in your letter, inviting them to contact you because in cases like this, all they usually do is try to harass you to reverse your decision to rescind. Which brings up another point. Do not take any unknown calls while your rescission request is in progress because it could very well be someone from the resort trying to get you to change your mind.

And, as Muranjo pointed out, giving your personal contact info in a public forum like this is just inviting a barrage of unwanted e-mails and phone calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hello members

I am getting ready to send my cancelation letter in to cancel my time share, I have all the recommend information on the letter. I purchased the time share in Nevada, law states you have 5 days to cancel. My questions is do they need to receive the letter in 5 days, or does the letter just have to be mailed within the 5 days? No where on line can I find this information. All it states is you have 5 days to cancel. Do you I send a copy of the entire contract in to cancel or just the letter? Below is a copy of my letter, if someone who has experience please review the letter: The help is greatly appreciated there a lot of cash involved here, just want to make sure I have the letter correct and all the facts. Your help if greatly appreciated.

Henry Knipschild

xxxx street

Warner Robins GA

Dec 10, 20
Attention: Accounting Service Center

Wyndham Resorts

Rescission Dept. P.O. Box 690189

Orlando Florida 32821

Subject: World Mark, The Club Retail Installment Contract

Date December 10, 2016

Dear: Attention Accounting Service Operations

This is to notify you that we Henry and Yvonne Knipschild have elected to terminate the “World Mark The Club Retail Installment contract” agreement with you signed on 9 Dec 16. Termination will be effective as of 13 Dec 2016. The termination of this agreement is stated under the Contract Notice to Buyer (d) as noted in the contract ” At the time of the contract a down payment of $XXXX was made to Wyndham Visa rewards card. Please cancel or refund this transaction $XXXX to Wyndham Visa card ending in XXXX.

Please notify me Henry Knipschild by phone or email when this cancelation is final at 555-555-5555or by email at xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.

Enclosed: Copy Contract

Sincerely

Henry Knipschild Signature: __________________________________

Yvonne Knipschild Signature: __________________________________--

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Be sure to send your letter by certified mail so that you get a receipt from the post office showing the date yu mailed your letter. That is the main thing about rescinding--you need proof that you did it within the rescission time period.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Re-stating Karen G statement. Certified Mail for under $7 cost is your legal PROOF you mailed the rescind paperwork within the time frame of the law. Otherwise, the timeshare company could argue you mailed it LATE ... your proof is the RECEIPT of the stamped post office mailing .. that little green and white mailing receipt showing your the cost. And to be sure they got it ... put this statement (and do it) at the bottom of your rescinding letter... cc Regular Mail (with a 2nd copy mailed under regular mail to the same address as the Certified Mailing).

I send several mailings a month in my business which REQUIRES proper legal notice to the receiver. A few of these notices have eventually ended up in front of a state judge ... I always have been able to PROVE required notice to the Defendant with that little green and white slip of paper with my copy of the letter.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re-stating Karen G statement. Certified Mail for under $7 cost is your legal PROOF you mailed the rescind paperwork within the time frame of the law. Otherwise, the timeshare company could argue you mailed it LATE ... your proof is the RECEIPT of the stamped post office mailing .. that little green and white mailing receipt showing your the cost. And to be sure they got it ... put this statement (and do it) at the bottom of your rescinding letter... cc Regular Mail (with a 2nd copy mailed under regular mail to the same address as the Certified Mailing).

I send several mailings a month in my business which REQUIRES proper legal notice to the receiver. A few of these notices have eventually ended up in front of a state judge ... I always have been able to PROVE required notice to the Defendant with that little green and white slip of paper with my copy of the letter.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Certified Mail is the Number one way to meet the legal requirements....

Another "less used" way of sending important paperwork is via a Certificate of Mailing (which I believe costs about $1.30). This is a sneaky way of sending something to someone via First Class mail to those who may claim they never received it but the Certificate of Mailing proves that you did in fact mail it. Certificate of mailing is also known as Proof of Mailing and the Postal Clerk must verify the envelope you are mailing and provide you with a cancelled document.

I would always recommend Certified Mail although I always use the Certificate of Mailing whenever I mail my Tax returns as the cancelled checks proves they received it.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks Everyone for the help I did follow the instructions in the letter.to the tee. I will include at the bottom of the letter that one copy mailed ceterfied mail the other regular mail. I will let you all know how it turns out.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us in time to rescind and save thousands!