• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelations and Open Season

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

As some of you may know from the Marriott board, I've had to cancel my planned Aruba trip in February because I have to be in town during that same period. Bummer.....

But I still want to go somewhere so, current plan is a quick trip out to Palm Desert. But....I'm trying to figure out if Hawaii is a viable alternative, but I only have a funny Thurs-Wed window, which limits my choices.

When last I checked HGVC availability for February (Th Feb 16- Wed Feb 22, unfortunately over Presidents Weekend), there was nothing available on either Oahu or Big Island.

Has anyone studied the Cancelation patterns around 30 days to provide perspective of the probability of time opening up in Open Season for any one of the six properties?

Please advise -- thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
GW has almost the entire time available in a 2 bed plus and premier. You could do two reservations, or get the premier and check back daily to extend your changeable reservation to grab the other two days.

It's a point-rich reservation, but it's there.

As far as open season, I have seen a bunch of availability at GW and KL. It's hard to tell based on last year because they keep selling them.

Edit: It takes many attempts to login today for some reason, but once you get on, use the Classic system to check reservations. Revolution is a dog this week. Also, the Open Season tab in Classic may time-out and not fully load. Refresh it until it shows all the resorts. It's stopped after loading a handful of locations, leaving out the Hawaii properties. Try again and they will eventually show.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Remy,

Thank you for the thoughts and the idea -- I did (finally) get back onto the system and there does appear to be lots of availability in January -- so hopefully there will be some availability in February too as we get 30 days in.

Perhaps I'll be in Hawaii again soon!

Best,

Greg

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Oh, what I'd give to be in Hawaii in February. Next week I'm visiting the HGVC South Beach before heading out on a cruise, but it's just not the same as the near-perfect weather of Hawaii. I often wonder why I choose to live in a location that gets both bitterly cold and absurdly hot.

I hope you get the dates you want. Enjoy the trip!

jestme

Reaction score
Hawaii has a lot of Japanese HGVC members, and there is no "presidents day" weekend in Japan. January 2012 is the most Open Season availability I've ever even seen in Hawaii. Based on that, February might be as well.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay,

I'm going to start watching Open Season like a hawk -- we're trying to go to Oahu Feb 16 - Feb 22 (6 nights) in a 1BR at any of the HHV properties.

I can't test this (because the system is down), but I assume I could start booking 30 days from check-out -- and that I could theoretically string two 3 days together -- so on January 19th, book a 3 night Open Season and then on January 22nd, book another 3 night -- and hope that they are the same category.

Any suggestions would be appreciated -- and if anybody sees these dates that are available for regular booking, can you please send me a PM?

Thanks!