• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel time share I never use

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
I purchase on 7/06/2019 and didn’t read the cancel script until now how do I cancel it

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I purchase on 7/06/2019 and didn’t read the cancel script until now how do I cancel it
You can’t. You’ll still owe the loan amount in full that does go away. Where do you own?

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
You can’t. You’ll still owe the loan amount in full that does go away. Where do you own?
I have a loan which I can’t pay it my son is going to have a brain surgery and I can afford it. No more it’s at bluegreen inn season new hampshire

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
Never haven’t use my timeshare

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Unfortunately, you can no longer rescind as you are past the rescission period. You may want to consider defaulting and not Pay the loan, but your credit score may get affected. Just let us know if you get a credit score decrease.

Last edited:

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
Unfortunately, you can no longer rescind as you are past the rescission period. You may want to consider defaulting and not the loan, but your credit score may get affected. Just let us know if you get a credit score decrease.
Is there away I try to get out of it

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I have a loan which I can’t pay it my son is going to have a brain surgery and I can afford it. No more it’s at bluegreen inn season new hampshire
Call them and tell the reason, sometimes you get lucky. I know people who had success with this kind of circumstance.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
Call them and tell the reason, sometimes you get lucky. I know people who had success with this kind of circumstance.

Thank you it a sad thing my 3year old is going through this financial situation it tough

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Is there away I try to get out of it
I think it’s worth giving what goaliedave said a shot. Send in medical records if you have to. How much is left on the loan?

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
I think it’s worth giving what goaliedave said a shot. Send in medical records if you have to. How much is left on the loan?
It’s so hard I was pressure to buy it

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
Oh I believe you were. Trust me I know.
Hopefully I can get help I’ve been trying to call all day and try to take care my son I’ve been try to contact the corporate

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Hopefully I can get help I’ve been trying to call all day and try to take care my son I’ve been try to contact the corporate
I wish you the best. I wish we had better news to bring you or help to get you out of it. Unfortunately you’ll have to work that out with the mortgage company

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
I wish you the best. I wish we had better news to bring you or help to get you out of it. Unfortunately you’ll have to work that out with the mortgage company
Thank you for your support

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I'm not familiar with Bluegreen, but if they have a facebook page, post your situation there and ask for help.

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
I'm not familiar with Bluegreen, but if they have a facebook page, post your situation there and ask for help.

Thank you

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sorry to hear about your son's pending surgery. Unfortunately, since you have a loan on the timeshare it really isn't any different than owning a car or home with an outstanding loan. You can't just cancel it. If you can't afford to pay then they will eventually foreclose. As your priorities are with your son at this time. I recommend what others have mentioned - it doesn't hurt to call Bluegreen and see if they would accept it back as a hardship case.

A word of warning as you may see some companies advertising that they will cancel your timeshare. The odds are that these scammers will take your huge upfront fee and string you along for months. Save your money.

Last edited:

Kanalay559

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn season New Hampshire
Thank you rx8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about the issue with your son and hope everything works out fine.

There is no easy fix to get out of your Timeshare situation. You could declare bankruptcy, but that leads to all sorts of other issues. You could sell your week, however no one will consider buying it with an outstanding loan on it, You could contact Bluegreen, explain your situation, and how things have changed since your 7/6/2019 purchase, and would they be willing to rewrite the loan to accommodate your unique situation (or better yet just release you from your July 6th purchase commitment due to special circumstances)?

As RX8 warned, there are a lot of folks out there who will "claim" they can get you out of your timeshare and will want some money upfront to do so. Don't fall for it as they will take your hard earned money and run!

No matter what you do, it won't be an easy or simple fix to get yourself out of your deed and the annual financial obligations. You are long past the time frame in which you can simply cancel the contract and walk away.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Kanalay559 We hope that you are well. If you made the hard decision to default on your TS, would you kindly let us know if your credit got affected? It would help tuggers moving forward.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, the priority is your son's health. If you can get through to customer service (NOT sales) at Bluegreen, they might be able to cancel your contract. OTOH, if you are current on your payments, they won't. After you've missed a few payments, they might be more willing to negotiate. Stat FAR away from ANY of those 'get out of your timeshare' outfits. They are all frauds at best- outright scams at worst. You don't want to entertain bankruptcy at this time. You might need that re-start after your son is well, and those medical bills pile up. If you BK now on a $7400 debt, you can't file one later when that amount will be simply pocket change. Save that as a LAST resort.

So my advice: For now, stop paying Bluegreen (or wherever this mortgage loan is). After a few months, they will call you making demands. Tell them you'll happily sign a quit claim to them and let them have what you've already paid in exchange for forgiveness of the debt. It's unnecessary to tell them you haven't used it. That doesn't matter.

Take care of your family. That comes first. This timeshare business will work itself out in time. If they somehow get a judgement against you, then add up all your debt- medical, TS, credit cards, installment loans, everything. Then see a BK attorney and consider a re-start.

Good Luck, We wish you well!

Jim