• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel & Rebook / New Website

MHB19709

Reaction score
A number of posts have brought up when trying to cancel and rebook to take advantage of our discounts their reservation seems to have gone into a black hole. Today I was told an "enhancement" of the system is when a reservation is cancelled it is automatically run through new logic and given to owner eligible. In other words whereas before we could cancel a one bedroom and immediately rebook to get the two bedroom that won't happen. We are a platinum owner that booked 80 nights last year. The salesman explained that once someone cancels the room will be granted automatically to the owner with the highest priority which is based kn several factors (note its automatic and may not even need the upgrade). He tried to sell us on this is great advantage to us as owners... NOT because it means that all larger units will automatically be upgraded to owners based on their new scripted logic.

We also booked several one night reservations which doesn't seem to be possible any longer but the salesman couldn't explain why that wasn't possible.

It's absolutely ridiculious we can't find rooms for locations that were wide open previously and during a time that is out of season.

Maybe we all need to pull together and consider a class action suit....

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
A number of posts have brought up when trying to cancel and rebook to take advantage of our discounts their reservation seems to have gone into a black hole. Today I was told an "enhancement" of the system is when a reservation is cancelled it is automatically run through new logic and given to owner eligible. In other words whereas before we could cancel a one bedroom and immediately rebook to get the two bedroom that won't happen. We are a platinum owner that booked 80 nights last year. The salesman explained that once someone cancels the room will be granted automatically to the owner with the highest priority which is based kn several factors (note its automatic and may not even need the upgrade). He tried to sell us on this is great advantage to us as owners... NOT because it means that all larger units will automatically be upgraded to owners based on their new scripted logic.

We also booked several one night reservations which doesn't seem to be possible any longer but the salesman couldn't explain why that wasn't possible.

It's absolutely ridiculious we can't find rooms for locations that were wide open previously and during a time that is out of season.

Maybe we all need to pull together and consider a class action suit....
I think the trust would have to file such a suit against the management of the club.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

Under the new rules you can book single nights inside of 14 days from check in.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
A lot more than that has changed with the new website, and all for the worse. We use to be able to search availability and book a reservation with a couple mouse click. Now it takes many, many more, if you can even find anything availability. No more searching for first available; they took that feature away. When you cancel to rebook now Wyndham grabs the good reservations for Extra Holidays rentals. Making it harder to search and make a reservation is screwing the owners. Timesframes that were historically available at this time of year are nonexistent. Wyndham screwed us when they crammed that dysfunctional piece of crap of a website down out throats. It's all about screwing the owners for profit. They got our money. That's all they want is money. And in return we get no customer service, VC's who have the same screwed up website as us so they can't help and s conflict of interest on Wyndham's part. You see there is a lot more wrong with the website as you try to use it.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you cancel to rebook now Wyndham grabs the good reservations for Extra Holidays rentals.
Reserve what you want to use. If you do not cancel it, no upgrader or Wyndham can grab it. If you do not need it and cancel it, what does it matter whether another owner gets it as an upgrade?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's been established that "Wyndham is grabbing all the good reservations for Extra Holidays rentals." In some locations, the reservations aren't coming back, because there is NO inventory loaded in the system AT ALL. For example there is no 2017 inventory at National Harbor.

Second, it is not always possible to "reserve what you want to use". Plans change. Booking restrictions still apply. This can leave you one night short or one night too long; with no ability to make a change to modify the reservation to what you need. It is a significant degradation for all owners' flexibility, not just the cancel/rebook strategy.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
-
I don't think it's been established that "Wyndham is grabbing all the good reservations for Extra Holidays rentals."
Agreed. With owners grabbing as many good reservations as possible for Extra Holidays, how would it ever be possible to sort out Wyndham's reservations (if any) from owners'?

Second, it is not always possible to "reserve what you want to use". Plans change. Booking restrictions still apply. This can leave you one night short or one night too long; with no ability to make a change to modify the reservation to what you need. It is a significant degradation for all owners' flexibility, not just the cancel/rebook strategy.
Welcome to the world of WorldMark, where plans change for 13-month reservations, but there is a waitlist to capture any cancel/rebooks trying to shorten or lengthen a reservation by a night or two.

I have never seen a complaint about this from any WorldMark owner; it is just accepted as standard operating procedure. Book what you want at 13 months; don't cancel it for any reason unless you are willing to lose it.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
-
Agreed. With owners grabbing as many good reservations as possible for Extra Holidays, how would it ever be possible to sort out Wyndham's reservations (if any) from owners'?

Welcome to the world of WorldMark, where plans change for 13-month reservations, but there is a waitlist to capture any cancel/rebooks trying to shorten or lengthen a reservation by a night or two.

I have never seen a complaint about this from any WorldMark owner; it is just accepted as standard operating procedure. Book what you want at 13 months; don't cancel it for any reason unless you are willing to lose it.

WorldMark has always been a different beast altogether and never has had point discounts for short-term bookings. The "discount" has always been in terms of cash. This situation is so much different due to the radical change in the rules. The two situations are not comparable.

What is comparable, however, is the intensity of complaints when either system experiences major changes in general. They just happen to be different kinds of changes on the WM side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
-

as possible

I do not believe for one second that there are 'owners grabbing as many good reservations as possible for Extra Holidays'. I can't imagine any one who half understands the risk involved in turning reservations over to Extra Holidays and the true net value they will receive is doing any transacting with Extra Holidays. Only an owner that doesn't know any better, and drank the kool-aide at their sales presentation is dealing with them - that's my guess.

Ever seen any stats from WYN on that? Shouldn't they know? Any stats on the number of reservations entrusted to Extra Holidays that go unrented? Any stats on the net value an owner truly receives on rentals entrusted to Extra Holidays?

I do not think it's an unrealistic expectation, after seeing 200K+ invested, to ask WYN for SOME transparency in how they do business, provide reliable systems, and accurate accounting and records.

Hogwash make a reservation 13 months in advance and who cares how they do business, manage accounts, run a rental business that's a conflict of interest. I could on and on.

It is not a level playing field when cancelled reservations never come back into the system. Owners don't have a chance at booking. Forget cancel/rebook. Our vacations are often last minute. Have relatives in DC now. In the past it would have been no problem 15-20 days out finding them a room at Alexandria or Nat'l Harbor. Nothing to be found. To say it's disappointing is an understatement.

Good for you if you can book 13 months in advance, never need to make changes, and never want something last minute. I for one have much higher expectations from our ownership.

Please excuse me, I need to go call WYN and hold for a few hours to get some reservations cancelled because the system fails to consistently support that function.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I too am less than pleased with the management of Wyndham. Though I have not experienced near the problems others have I am totally frustrated with this new system. No inventory anywhere I want to go. I looked at Arizona, the WHOLE state, for this summer and not a room anywhere. Who goes to AZ in July and August? Nothing at Bonnet Creek, Great Smokies Lodge, National Harbor, WTH!!!

The software system is horrible and never should have been introduced as it stands. Now whether Wyndham is taking advantage of that I cannot say, but I do know if they don't fix it soon Ovation is going to start getting a lot more business as is the resale market. It really makes no sense to me that Wyndham is doing this on purpose as it devalues their product and stockholders do not like that. It is a self defeating strategy.

How many HOA's do you think are gong to kick Wyndham out over this? I think every one that Wyndham does not control.

If we can't see inventory , and the VC's can't see inventory, how can Wyndham? Do they have a completely different system? If so, why aren't we on it if it is working properly? And how could it possibly be accurate? How can EH be taking all the prime inventory when there is none loaded?

I for one am stunned that this is still going on. I cannot believe they couldn't get it right to begin with, then put us on it anyway, and cannot fix it. Gives more credence to my theory of why this all happened.