• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel Orange Lake?

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Hello,

Our Orange Lake week 41 (East village) is paid off and fees are up to date. We have owned since 2002, and our situation has changed such that we cannot vacation like we used to. We understand selling a timeshare is very difficult. We were excited to hear about "cancelling" our timeshare, but now we find out that Orange Lake/Holiday Inn is one of the hardest companies to cancel with. All we want to do is "deed-back" our week to Orange Lake. They can resell it! We are willing to pay the closing costs and make nothing on the transaction. Has anyone had any success cancelling with Orange Lake recently, or have any other ideas for us to get out of our week? We are older now, on a fixed income, and can no longer afford it.

Thank you,
Matt

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hello,

Our Orange Lake week 41 (East village) is paid off and fees are up to date. We have owned since 2002, and our situation has changed such that we cannot vacation like we used to. We understand selling a timeshare is very difficult. We were excited to hear about "cancelling" our timeshare, but now we find out that Orange Lake/Holiday Inn is one of the hardest companies to cancel with. All we want to do is "deed-back" our week to Orange Lake. They can resell it! We are willing to pay the closing costs and make nothing on the transaction. Has anyone had any success cancelling with Orange Lake recently, or have any other ideas for us to get out of our week? We are older now, on a fixed income, and can no longer afford it.

Thank you,
Matt

List here on TUG in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum. If you are willing to pay the closing cost there will certainly be someone here on TUG who is interested in it.

Last edited:

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Jan,

Thank you for that! What are reasonable closing costs?

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
List here on TUG in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling , Renting forum. If you are willing to pay the closing cost there will certainly be someone here on TUG who is interested in it.

Jan,

I also see you own at LV. Were were thinking of vacationing there, but being teachers, we can only vacation in June or July. We have received mixed feedback on whether it is just too hot in June or July to enjoy LV. Your thoughts?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Look at L.T Transfers. They are TUGgers and charge around $150 to do a transfer to a new owner (iirc).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan,

I also see you own at LV. Were were thinking of vacationing there, but being teachers, we can only vacation in June or July. We have received mixed feedback on whether it is just too hot in June or July to enjoy LV. Your thoughts?

We have friends who love going to Las Vegas in June and July and so do many other people. If you can go as soon as you get out of school in June that would be my recommendation. Look on eBay for the seller magicalholidays. They have some good deals on Wyndham Grand Desert. That is where we stay and love the location.

I'm not a sit by the pool all day person and prefer to go to Vegas when it is a little cooler. We live in Florida so I can sit by the pool anytime. We are going for 2.5 weeks in later April and early May and have been to Vegas several other times around then. For us the temperatures are still comfortable then. I guess a lot depends on what you plan to do while you are there. Shows, dinners, gambling the heat really doesn't matter but if you plan to do a lot of sight seeing and exploring the surrounding area and heat bothers you then Vegas might not be for you at that time of year. The evenings in Vegas will be cooler than the daytime temps during the summer months and people tend to stay out later then too.

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Look at L.T Transfers. They are TUGgers and charge around $150 to do a transfer to a new owner (iirc).

Jan,

I am new to TUG. How would I locate/contact L.T. Transfers?

Thank you,
Matt

alexanderwang

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
dude just give it back if it’s a matter of you not wanting to go through the hassle of resale. they don’t make you pay any closing costs just as long as your account is current and paid off you can give it back anytime.

call and request information on giving back your property, they will send a warranty deed out to you and be done

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Do you have a points week at HIVC? There is an affiliated resort in Las Vegas that you can do an internal exchange. Check with Holiday Inn Club. This may be better than giving up your timeshare. Internal trades are less expensive then RCI. PM if you need more info.
Silentg

Matt K.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
dude just give it back if it’s a matter of you not wanting to go through the hassle of resale. they don’t make you pay any closing costs just as long as your account is current and paid off you can give it back anytime.

call and request information on giving back your property, they will send a warranty deed out to you and be done

Hi Alex,
Have you done this successfully or known someone who has?

alexanderwang

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Hi Alex,
Have you done this successfully or known someone who has?

I know many, many people that have done it successfully. call the club line and either ask to speak with capital management or customer service. tell them it’s regarding resale information. when you get said agent from either department what you want to do is request a warranty deed back. the account must be paid off

Sherry78

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you,
Matt

Hi Matt!

Have you been successful at doing a warranty deed back? We bought an even year timeshare there in 2009 and really want it gone. Like you our situation has changed and we don't vacation like we used to. I can't believe there is not a way for people to just give them back. It only benefits Orange Lake.

Thanks,
Sherry

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Sherry78

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!! So I signed and mailed in the deed back paperwork on August 10th, called to check on it September 12th. The lady I spoke to was very nice and told me the packet had been sent to the county records office to call back in about 3 to 4 weeks. She said I would not receive any notification of the transfer and asked if I kept a copy of the paperwork. She said that was my proof of transfer. So today I looked up the Orange County, Florida Comptroller's office and did a deed search. I just put in the date range of 8/10/18 to today and my husbands last and first name in the Grantor field. Sure enough, the search populated a deed recorded on September 28th transferring the property to Orange Lake Country Club Inc. I printed a copy for my records. The whole process was simple and we paid nothing to transfer. Of course, we lost a lot overall but to be out from under the maintenance fees is such a relief.