• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel membership Vistana [Owner in Argentina]

SEBAVIDAB

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VISTANA SIGNATURE EXPERIENCE
I need to cancel the membership, since I can not pay it, we have deposited the year 2018, 30,000 points, but I can not continue paying the loan since we are from Argentina and the crisis affected us.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel your membership. I'm not an attorney, but since you are in Argentina, I'd just quit paying, if it were me.

However, if you do that, it's possible that the US might tag your PassPort and make it hard for you to enter the US in the future.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel your membership. I'm not an attorney, but since you are in Argentina, I'd just quit paying, if it were me.

However, if you do that, it's possible that the US might tag your PassPort and make it hard for you to enter the US in the future.

Can they tag a foreign passport for a private debt -- even if there is a judgment? And how would they know OP's (presumably) Argentinian passport number?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Can they tag a foreign passport for a private debt -- even if there is a judgment? And how would they know OP's (presumably) Argentinian passport number?

I am not an attorney either, but I believe they can only tag a [US] passport for public debt (not private), such as IRS taxes owed. This would not apply to the OP here. I’m not sure they have much leg to stand on to try and collect a debt from Argentina??

Here’s an article from Quora.com

https://www.quora.com/Will-I-be-denied-entry-to-the-US-at-CBP-if-I-have-a-debt-outstanding

SEBAVIDAB

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tell them what they told me on the phone. If I stop paying 5 monthly payments, they automatically seize the points and payments made and execute the mortgage,

"your failure to pay the total past due amount within the thirty 30 day period indicated above will result in a lien being filed against your unit week without further notice."

I am very sorry about the situation in Argentina, today we went from earning an average salary of US $ 2000, they disappeared and now it is US $ 1000. the devaluation destroyed all the salaries.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
I tell them what they told me on the phone. If I stop paying 5 monthly payments, they automatically seize the points and payments made and execute the mortgage,

"your failure to pay the total past due amount within the thirty 30 day period indicated above will result in a lien being filed against your unit week without further notice."

I am very sorry about the situation in Argentina, today we went from earning an average salary of US $ 2000, they disappeared and now it is US $ 1000. the devaluation destroyed all the salaries.
The only collateral is the unit itself. You entering into the USA or not has nothing to do with anything. No pasa nada tranquilo. Te quitan la propiedad por falta de pago y ya.

SEBAVIDAB

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hoy recibí este texto de Vistana, conozco a alguien interesado en comprar. Sería a un precio muy bajo.

"Gracias por contactar a Portfolio Services, entendemos que en este momento tiene problemas para continuar con sus vacaciones. Desafortunadamente, Sheraton Flex Vacation no puede recuperar sus vacaciones, sin embargo, hay varias opciones que puede considerar, incluida la donación a organizaciones benéficas. , dáselo a un amigo, familiar o véndalo a través de una tercera persona.

Alentamos a nuestros propietarios a considerar todas las opciones antes de optar por un incumplimiento de pago del préstamo. La falta de pago anual de mantenimiento o pagos de préstamos daría lugar a una acción de cobro. Su cuenta ganaría intereses según el saldo de capital impago. Además, se puede colocar un gravamen en su cuenta y se puede ejecutar un adjunto a la misma. "

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
Acción de cobro es que te mandan al dpto. de colecciones, interés, gravamen...palabras que usan para intimidar, claro ellos no quieren que dejes de pagar. Cuando la gente no paga los llama coleccions para ver si ellos pueden hacer que la gente pague. Eventualmente se pierde la propiedad por falta de pago y ellos la venden otra vez.