• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancel II exchange request

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a pending II exchange request (nothing has confirmed) and we've decided to cancel the exchange request. Months ago we purchased airline tickets at a great price and we've decided to rent a week from another TUGger.

Can I do this on-line or do I have to call? When I log on and select "View Exhange Request" and then click on details, it has buttons to change dates, add or remove resorts. Do I just remove all the resorts?

Are they timely in returning the exchange fee?

TIA,
Wendy

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to call to cancel the request. You will get a exchange fee credited back to your credit card immediately.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also just change your request to a place you would like to go in the future. Your trading power is supposed to increase the longer you have your request in. I have changed requests on one of my units several times. An II supervisor told me my trading power is determinded by when I put in my first request.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also just change your request to a place you would like to go in the future. Your trading power is supposed to increase the longer you have your request in. I have changed requests on one of my units several times. An II supervisor told me my trading power is determinded by when I put in my first request.

Your trading power is partially determined by how far in advance of your check in date you deposit your week but your trading power does not increase the longer you have a request pending.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your trade power (*what* you can see) doesn't increase. What does improve is your "place in the line". As I understand it, if several people have requests for a deposited week, and all have sufficient power to see it, the earliest request wins.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because of a computer glitch when I was trying to modify a request online, my whole request "went off into cyberspace." I was so upset that I'd lose my place in line I called and talked to II to restore it. They only placed the request again and I was told there was no such thing as having a place in line. I didn't believe that and asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me the same thing. The determining factor is when the "original" request was placed. She was able to give me the date that I had originally placed a request and that would be the date used to fulfill my request. Others may have been told something different, but that is what information I was given.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is really no place in line as far as requests go. If a unit with higher trading power is deposited after yours that unit will get the exchange before you. The date of deposit is only used if trading power is equal.