• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canadians don't get full service from RCI

Ladorna

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Canadian RCI subscriber I am unable to access Last Call vacations or Extra vacations online. I was not told this when I purchased my points and it is possible that the seller did not know. Instead I must phone RCI everyday and be left on hold. I bought points, because as a retired person I loved the idea of taking last minute trips. I would check the RCI site for Last Call vacations online everyday if it worked up here in the frozen north. I have tried to communicate with RCI about this but have been told for many months now that they are "working on it". I noticed they said the same thing in the 2003 archived information on this site. My experience has been that emails to RCI can take up to a week to get a reply. That makes for a very long drawn out conversation. Is it possible to actually talk to someone at RCI other than a booking agent?

Victoria

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am able to access Last call and Extra Vacations - no problem doing that from British Columbia!

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Me too! Been checking them on line for ages (yrs?) too!
~Diane

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ladorna

Do you only have an RCI Points account? I believe Canadian members can only search last call with a Weeks accoount.

lynn

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ladorna,

It is true that the Points website does not yet have the functionality in place for Canadian Points members to conduct online searches of Extra Vacations and Last Call vacations. This is a major priority for us as we know that there is great interest among our Canadian members for this service. The technology used for Extra Vacations and Last Call is separate from our main search technology for Points reservations, Weeks reservations, etc.

I'll see if I can get an estimate of the timing on this functionality for our Canadian Points members.

sadie1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian RCI points member as well and I also find it very frustrating that it is taking so long to allow us the ability to access last call and extra vacations online. I have sent several e-mails to RCI about this matter over the past year and a half and keep getting the answer that they are working on it. I don't understand how it can possibly take this long to get this fixed - It is maddening that I am not receiving the same benefits from my paid RCI membership that others are.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ladorna,

In talking to our technical team about this issue, I learned that it is a major initiative. A very large implementation will be undertaken to accomplish several different things for the Points website. Among those will be Canadian Points access to Extra Vacations and Last Call, as well as online access for Australian and other members globally for Weeks and Points.

Due to the number of programming hours this will require, we do not expect to see completion of this particular project in 2006 and possibly not in 2007. This may change and be moved ahead; however, that is the best information I have for now. I'm sorry it cannot be done faster, but I wanted you to know that it is planned. It's just a much more involved project than it may sound.

Ladorna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge said:
Ladorna,

In talking to our technical team about this issue, I learned that it is a major initiative. A very large implementation will be undertaken to accomplish several different things for the Points website. Among those will be Canadian Points access to Extra Vacations and Last Call, as well as online access for Australian and other members globally for Weeks and Points.

Due to the number of programming hours this will require, we do not expect to see completion of this particular project in 2006 and possibly not in 2007. This may change and be moved ahead; however, that is the best information I have for now. I'm sorry it cannot be done faster, but I wanted you to know that it is planned. It's just a much more involved project than it may sound.

This is very disappointing.
This should be made very clear to all points buyers before they purchase and as Canadian points members are not getting the same service as weeks people their dues should reflect this.

Ladorna

TUG Member
Reaction score
LynnW said:
Ladorna

Do you only have an RCI Points account? I believe Canadian members can only search last call with a Weeks accoount.

lynn

Yes it is only the points owners who are having this difficulty.

Ladorna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Victoria said:
I am able to access Last call and Extra Vacations - no problem doing that from British Columbia!

It is the points owners who have this problem. I am guessing you own weeks and are therefore getting full service.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ladorna said:
This is very disappointing.
This should be made very clear to all points buyers before they purchase and as Canadian points members are not getting the same service as weeks people their dues should reflect this.
Ladorna,

We recognize that providing Internet access and keeping our website functioning well benefits our members and our business. However, the implementation of RCI's website was originally pursued in an effort to increase service levels to our members during times of heavy phone volumes. Our Guides and automated voice response system remain available as the more commonly used alternatives. Currently, less than 10% of RCI members do their RCI business online.

Our Canadian members have online access to perform every transaction that U.S. members can perform with the exception of Extra Vacations/Last Call. We are also dedicated to expanding Canadian web access to include these programs in the future.