• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canada's third wave on track to become its worst yet as hospitalizations spike and the vaccine rollout will not slow the rapid growth in cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister in law passed away 2 weeks ago from Covid complications. It can be very serious if you are the one who it impacts and you have issues or complications that make the situation much worse.

Not really the same as o oxygen is needed right away to be able to help others. The vaccine for those 16 and over is not needed to be able to help others. Vaccinating Nurses, doctors, elderly and others in other countries would help save more lives. Economically as well as the counties in lockdown will end up becoming a burden on the US or not willing to open up borders (Canada) as soon as would otherwise be possible.
But I guess 60 thousand people to watch a baseball game is important.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Because the US is hoarding vaccines that could be better used elsewhere. Hopefully that is not forgotten.
I guess it’s a blessing that our healthcare system is the way it is. A wonderful supply of vaccines. Let’s all give a BIG THANKS to BIG PHARMA!!

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We
According to the Sec of State, the US's first priority is to protect Americans. Many of the world's poorest countries did/do not have the resources or leadership to secure vaccines to their own people. When all is said and done, America WILL provide not only vaccines, but the personnel and expertise to administer them. But now, only a few months into protecting as many people as possible, we'll protect Americans, followed by places Americans wish to travel (Canada, Mexico, then Western Europe). And finally to more isolated societies and the poorer places where, like it or not, few Americans travel- and those who do understand the risks involved, and vaccinate for that eventuality.

I don't think anybody is singling out Haiti. They'll get vaxx'd in good time, but there are higher priority populations ahead of them.
Well said. The USA has always been there for the world problems and has always been generous .

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So m e countries in Europe like France and Germany have seen a surge and more lockdowns. The EU missed the boat with ordering and was trying to save money and negotiate. The USA went full force into ordering like UK and Israel. The results speak for themselves.
Are Europe and Canada having the 3rd wave, while US is having the 4th wave now? It seems the 3rd wave is the worst in US.
Canada's third wave on track to become its worst yet as hospitalizations spike - CNN

I do not understand why there are more waves after so many people got vaccinated in Europe, Canada, and US.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. You are SO full of s**t that you have earned a vaunted spot on my *IGNORE* list. BYE!
I recall reading somewhere, "In a world where we can be anything, BE KIND!"

Maybe it was supposed to be ironic instead of being taken literally.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere, "In a world where we can be anything, BE KIND!"
Point taken. Sometimes ignoring fools is the kindest option.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We

Well said. The USA has always been there for the world problems and has always been generous .
And other countries have not? Watch the movies after 9/11.
The big thread on here is the want for cruises to start up again. But to where? Ports where vaccines have been limited and hospitals could easily be overrun?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Point taken. Sometimes ignoring fools is the kindest option.
Or maybe some tolerance for differing opinions is a better option. The facts I provided, versus your obvious political perspective, certainly provides room for those differing opinions that the US has a disproportionate (some might reasonably suggest "unfair") share of the currently available Covid vaccines.

Last edited:

exco

Reaction score
Or maybe some tolerance for differing opinions is a better option. The facts I provided, versus your obvious political perspective, certainly provides room for those differing opinions that the US has a disproportionate (some might reasonably suggest unfair) share of the currently available Covid vaccines.

Or Treat EVERYONE With Respect and be open minded (e.g. willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced)
Things You Can Do To Help Blog | Beyond Intractability

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Or maybe some tolerance for differing opinions is a better option. The facts I provided, versus your obvious political perspective, certainly provides room for those differing opinions that the US has a disproportionate (some might reasonably suggest "unfair") share of the currently available Covid vaccines.
I guess we'll just have to disagree. My bias is well known and so is yours. Yes, I feel that due to people in the U.S. providing the bulk of funding of Covid vaccine development, and volunteers to test it, and the expertise to distribute and administer it, as well as the highest rate of infection and death from it, I think it's wholly appropriate that Americans should be a major party in the worldwide distribution of the vaccines we were instrumental in producing. That's my take.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll just have to disagree. My bias is well known and so is yours. Yes, I feel that due to people in the U.S. providing the bulk of funding of Covid vaccine development, and volunteers to test it, and the expertise to distribute and administer it, as well as the highest rate of infection and death from it, I think it's wholly appropriate that Americans should be a major party in the worldwide distribution of the vaccines we were instrumental in producing. That's my take.
Then fine. Did you/do you sign-on with the America First policy of the last 5 years? Or was your America First perspective an epiphany on January 21, 2021? Or are you conveniently hypocritical?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I think that's quite enough for tonight.

THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.