• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can you use 2016 banked StarOptions for current year after banking?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I have no further plans to use this year's SOs, I intend to bank my SOs now. I don't like to wait in case I forget to bank. However after banking my SOs what if I want to use them for this year, can I then borrow against my banked SOs?

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
Yes when you pre-pay maint fees

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes when you pre-pay maint fees

It is odd that you cannot use banked SOs for current year and yet you can borrow from the following year's. Good way to save on following year's banking fees by using them this year....just saying..

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this true for all properties?

Borrowing from the next year always means paying the estimated MFs in advance.

You have prepay the full MFs even if you only borrow a portion of the SO's. But, they will only advance you as many SO's as you need to make a specific reservation, you don't just get them all.

If you cancel the reservation, the borrowed SO's go back to their use year. You will have lost the ability to make a Home Resort reservation once you've started the borrowing process, even if you later don't use those borrowed SO's.

You can continue to borrow up to all of the SO's for the unit you prepaid without any further cost. Whatever is left can be used in their normal year.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you cancel the reservation, the borrowed SO's go back to their use year. You will have lost the ability to make a Home Resort reservation once you've started the borrowing process, even if you later don't use those borrowed SO's.

Thanks for the response on MFs.

While the quoted statement above is correct, I have called SVN several times and they have combined SOs again to allow for Home Resort reservations. In fact, I just did this last week. As always, YMMV.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
Could you elaborate on how far out, a full week plus days or less than a week etc

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on how far out, a full week plus days or less than a week etc

If this question is for me, I am not following?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
If you bank them now, they'll list an expiration date of December 31st, 2018. But I don't recall them zeroing them out for 2016. So I'd check on that.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
I'm am int in how you combined SOs with home resort options to extend reserv at 8-12 Months

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
When you bank current year options they move from current use year to the next two years

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just one reason why Disney Vacation Club is better than SVO: DVC does not make you prepay MFs when borrowing. No charge to bank. The only downside is that on resale some DVC owners strip their points so that fewer are immediately available to resale buyers.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm am int in how you combined SOs with home resort options to extend reserv at 8-12 Months

I was referring to borrowing SOs from a future year or using partial SOs. Either of these two actions would "break" your home resort week and you would loose your ability to make a Home Resort reservation. But, if you cancel the reservation that broke your SOs/Unit, you can call SVN and they can restore your ability to make Home Resort reservations.

What you mentioned above is not possible to my knowledge.

However, a partial workaround for this is reserving three weeks at 8 months. This would let you get the second and third week resies one and two weeks, respectively, before 8 months under one reservation. This also applies if you need nights in addition to your 7 nights. I know this would not be a Home Resort resie, but would allow you to encroach into the Home Resort reservation window for up to 14 days.

So you make a 3 week resie at 8 months. You get week 1 8 months in advance, you get week 2 8 months 1 week in advance, and you get week 3 8 months 2 weeks in advance. Obviously, this requires a large amount of options and availability.

The number of options should not be an issue because you would have them for the longer resie. Availability would be the main concern.

Hopefully this is clear.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
Now it makes sense-you cannot use SOs to make home resort res only at 8mo res

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response on MFs.

While the quoted statement above is correct, I have called SVN several times and they have combined SOs again to allow for Home Resort reservations. In fact, I just did this last week. As always, YMMV.

I wanted to keep the "eliteness" out of the description, as the published rules are quite often bent to keep the elites happy within reason.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to keep the "eliteness" out of the description, as the published rules are quite often bent to keep the elites happy within reason.

You are right, I forgot got to clarify that part.