• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can this be done?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I’m trying to be creative, but I’m sure if it can be done, it’s already been done.

‘So I have a reservation for June using 2020 DC points at Grande Ocean. If I cancel under 60 days those points go into a holding account with120 day reservation restriction. let’s say I use 2021 points to make a reservation at the same resorts next year, 2021. Can I use my holding account points to replace my 2021 points at the 120 day mark and the use my 2021 points with no restrictions and may be even bank them?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to be creative, but I’m sure if it can be done, it’s already been done.

‘So I have a reservation for June using 2020 DC points at Grande Ocean. If I cancel under 60 days those points go into a holding account with120 day reservation restriction. let’s say I use 2021 points to make a reservation at the same resorts next year, 2021. Can I use my holding account points to replace my 2021 points at the 120 day mark and the use my 2021 points with no restrictions and may be even bank them?
No, if I understand you correctly. A supervisor can substitute the points but they are not supposed to, no harm in asking though. IF there was availability you could book separately then cancel the other reservation and as long as you were more than 60 days out, you'd accomplish the same thing. You could possibly wait list with the holding account points then cancel the wait list at 60 days out if unsuccessful. You could cancel (release and catch) and try to reserve the same dates with the holding account points but you might lose your reservation. You could open yourself up to some of the other resorts there, that would increase your chances of success. As we get closer there might be cancelations. I know I have a couple of units there for July I was likely to cancel anyway even without this mess.