• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can the time be displayed on all Sightings postings?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I have an enhancement request. :cool:

I just noticed that the time portion of the timestamp is no longer maintained after a number of days. Can we maintain the full timestamp (date and time) on the Sightings forum?

When you search previous sightings, it helps to understand when the sighting was found. Especially if the thread is updated more than once during the day.

For example
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sighting-mm1-maui-ocean-napili-lahaina-bulk.243873/

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry, not following this one?

the time stamp should be available on every thread and post forever?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
sorry, not following this one?

the time stamp should be available on every thread and post forever?
The timestamp is only available for the first day of the post and I think it rounds to an hour after the first hour. I see "5 Minutes Ago" for the timestamp on your post, but that old post linked in the OP has "July 6, 2016'.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Dioxide45,
Thanks for providing clarification :thumbup:

Brian,
I believe the date and time used to display on every thread and post but that’s no longer true. The time eventually disappears and only the date remains on every post.

Once the time disappears you don’t know what time folks had their sighting (overnight, early morning, midday or evening).

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Xenforo default behavior for timestamps shown on each post:
  • For the first hour (I think) it shows relative time (e.g. 5 minutes ago).
  • After that, for the first week it shows Today/Yesterday/Earlier-Day-of-Week at [time]
  • Beyond 7 days it just shows the date.
Is the time a Sighting really of significance when the post is more than a week old? If it is, you can still see the full post date and time by hovering your mouse over the timestamp on the post.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Ok, the hovering will work for me on the pc :cool:
Now I just need to figure out how to hover on the iPad :ponder:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Does it really matter for a post a week old?

The timestamp IS actually a link to that same post - mostly, I'd guess so you can copy/paste it somewhere else. Don't know how it is on an iPad but if I hover over it (i.e. touch and hold, not tap) on my Android devices I get a popup menu to copy link / open in another tab, etc that displays the full timestamp. This is with Mobile Firefox - maybe it's browser-dependant.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
For me, the timestamp only matters when trying to determine a pattern for deposits