• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can someone please try to log in to the marriottvacationclub site

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving all.

I am attempting to log in to my marriottvacationclub.com account. I see they have put up a new security protocol.

Found the email from Nov 6 with my customer number.

Created a new id.

I have tried both Chrome and in MS explorer browsers (edge).

I am timing out and the page ends up with the logon page after about 5 minutes.

Going to try and call but I don't think they are available on Sunday.

Just shaking my head at this situation. I want to check my account so I can rent a unit

Grrr #%$@!

Is it just me or are they having issues with their site?

Thanks in advance.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks VacationForever really disappointed at Marriott here .

I need to take care of business. But Marriott is gumming up my works

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Marriottvacationclub.com on the technical side that can help on a Sunday afternoon?

bbts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Sunday with the MVC website down. It seems that a company of their size should have someone monitoring and taking action when their site is down. Unlike other companies, MVC doesn't make money having its website operational--a cynic would say they make more money at the end of the year when their website is down, if points owners can't make reservations using remaining points.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Sunday with the MVC website down. It seems that a company of their size should have someone monitoring and taking action when their site is down. Unlike other companies, MVC doesn't make money having its website operational--a cynic would say they make more money at the end of the year when their website is down, if points owners can't make reservations using remaining points.

BBTS... Bring me up to speed here....

I don't visit Tug daily or weekly. Maybe every other month. So are you telling me this has been a regular issue with MVC site being down on Sunday's?

bbts

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been keeping a written log, but I recall that over the past several weeks, the site was down on a Sunday. I think it was the weekend after they rolled out the new login requirements.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
But you are absolutely correct in your assessment. Forget about the money we all collectively pay for our membership. MVC is a world class corporation. You would think they could support a 24x7 operation.

Sad.

They probably offshore their IT dept to someone in Bangalore, India that gets paid peanuts.

I find this type of service unacceptable. But they have got us over a barrel.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to login this morning but they are down now. Sigh.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in Thailand now, so early Monday morning here and this is what the website shows when trying to login
B82E9DC5-B13B-4C14-BB26-6F05B5D2EA05.jpeg

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Facebook I have been sending messages to the MVC group. Someone there is telling me they are doing an upgrade. I call BS.
Does anyone have prior knowledge of this event? Was it planned?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Agreed. BS. Upgrades are planned and customers are notified of the future inconvenience/outage. No notification for this one.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Just a someone educated guess....but I bet the upgrade started early Sunday morning and something obviously went south, and if related to login, then no way to get the rest of the site up...even if they had a ghost version to run in parallel.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Just a someone educated guess....but I bet the upgrade started early Sunday morning and something obviously went south, and if related to login, then no way to get the rest of the site up...even if they had a ghost version to run in parallel.
Except somebody mentioned above they were able to sign in earlier today.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Was in last night and in the middle of booking with points and got kicked out with the "We apologize..." message. Haven't tried today. It was late in CA, so it could have been the beginning of this problem.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The website is back up and running again for me now
0AB85CE1-5921-4164-B7BA-063292FEA846.jpeg

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
just called and they said they were busy and to call back, then they hung up.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to get through to them this morning after about a 40-minute hold time. Called last night and had the option to hold my place in line with a call back. They called back, when I picked it up on the third ring, they hung up on me. I guess because it was technically after hours for them. :rolleyes: Maybe I should try going online next time.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From our "What it's worth department" I was exceedingly pleased that the MVC website didn't go down at 9:00:00 this morning like it did last week. After last week's debacle while I was getting my reservation online I also called MVC at 9 o'clock sharp and happily was able to hang up a few minutes later...freeing up a space in the queue for someone else.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Have tried several times to get on to pay dues. Using Firefox this is what I get. So frustrating!!!!

Capture.JPG