• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can someone give me advice?

Funinthesun12

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I will try to explain current situation...Have spent A lot of money over years on Vidanta 10 yr RTU contracts not really understanding the whole process. I am 5 years into the current 10 year period on “registered” week and nSalesperson indicating to me that the old VF/ renewable weeks (every 10 years ) that you can book 10 months in advance will be useless as I “won’t be able to get a reservation” . Now recommended by salesperson that best option to at least protect my investment is to pay to upgrade to a 100 year contract with Estates product for a large amount of money. Salesperson reports with new celebration park coming in that it would allow me to “sell my contract” in several years to recoup some of money or if I decide to keep it they will “negotiate” my “privilege weeks” every 5 years and if I am willing to let them have them they will pay me $8000 for each of these a”elite” weeks (of course depending on their need for new business”. Also stating that all weeks will have “ priority booking” I signed new contract but am thinking that I should rescind and hope for best on scheduling. Do I really want to be giving more $$ to “secure this”? I typically travel around late March /April and have been able to get reservation. Of course telling me I am getting a really great price on Estate product.
Help!!!
Also of course leaving tomorrow for home so need to decide ASAP!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND. Follow the instructions in your paperwork. Be thankful you will be out of this in five years. There are other ways to timeshare cheaply once you are done with Vidanta. Do not give them another dollar, do not talk to them in person. Just write up your rescission statement and mail it with return receipt requested. You only need proof of the day you mailed it, not the day they receive it.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Salesperson reports with new celebration park coming in that it would allow me to “sell my contract” in several years to recoup some of money or if I decide to keep it they will “negotiate” my “privilege weeks” every 5 years and if I am willing to let them have them they will pay me $8000 for each of these a”elite” weeks.... <snip>

Nonsense. Not once (as in never) in my several decades of association with timesharing have I ever heard of any report at any time of any Mexican timeshare-related entity "buying back" anything. They are in the business of taking money in, not paying money out.

Rescind immediately. Stop listening to meaningless pie-in-the-sky tales and promises (none of them in writing. of course). The End.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, RESCIND IMMEDIATELY. Assuming you are in Mexico, go to the local Post Office and mail your rescission letter via REGISTERED mail and retain your mailing receipt.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Vidanta sales staff are high pressure and lie a lot. Rescind. We fell for their sales pitch once. Went back to the Resort at which we were staying and researched them online. We rescinded the next day.

Funinthesun12

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Thank you to all who have replied! I am on hold with right now to schedule appt... but ? best to mail letter.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thank you to all who have replied! I am on hold with right now to schedule appt... but ? best to mail letter.
I hope your appointment was with Member Services and NOT sales. I agree with all the others who urged you to rescind NOW.

Jodyv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've paid a lot of money to Vidanta and not used my membership once. If I book a Vidanta property through RCI (the RCI account associated with another timeshare), the fees I would pay the resort are similar. There are loads of Vidanta properties available through RCI. IMHO, the Vidanta sales force is relentless. Now that I'm retired and money is tighter, I really regret the monthly charges. I agree with everyone above. RESCIND!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Everything the sales person said was a lie or a misrepresentation. You have no equity, spending more money won't create any equity toward selling anything. You need to rescind in writing. Do not meet with anymore sales and do not listen to anymore offers. You can rescind by letter or rescind in writing through owner services. If you do it in person, get a receipt and make sure you have a copy. If you write a letter, make sure you keep a copy and make sure you have a receipt showing the date it was mailed.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I will try to explain current situation...Have spent A lot of money over years on Vidanta 10 yr RTU contracts not really understanding the whole process. I am 5 years into the current 10 year period on “registered” week and nSalesperson indicating to me that the old VF/ renewable weeks (every 10 years ) that you can book 10 months in advance will be useless as I “won’t be able to get a reservation” . Now recommended by salesperson that best option to at least protect my investment is to pay to upgrade to a 100 year contract with Estates product for a large amount of money. Salesperson reports with new celebration park coming in that it would allow me to “sell my contract” in several years to recoup some of money or if I decide to keep it they will “negotiate” my “privilege weeks” every 5 years and if I am willing to let them have them they will pay me $8000 for each of these a”elite” weeks (of course depending on their need for new business”. Also stating that all weeks will have “ priority booking” I signed new contract but am thinking that I should rescind and hope for best on scheduling. Do I really want to be giving more $$ to “secure this”? I typically travel around late March /April and have been able to get reservation. Of course telling me I am getting a really great price on Estate product.
Help!!!
Also of course leaving tomorrow for home so need to decide ASAP!

RESCIND - right now / follow the requirements

FYI - Your existing contract will remain in place & you can continue to use it.

1) Vidanta hotel side wants you as a guest .

2 ) their resorts are top notch.

3 ) Vida sales loves to use pressure and partial fiction to get more money from your wallet.