• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can Resort hold next year's reservation hostage?

lannlex

Reaction score
This year in March we added 3 extra days to our usual week, 1 on the front and 2 on the back. I paid for the first day when we checked out of the room and have the receipt. At the end of the stay I paid the residuals for our week and the final two days and have a receipt showing a zero balance. When we got home, there were three charges on my accounts. They had charged me for all 3 days before we even got there without my authorization. They had used the card number I was required to give them to hold the reservations. The other 2 charges were the ones above that I paid during the stay. I called the credit card company and disputed the 3 day charge and they agreed with me and removed the charge. The resort says I still owe them the 3 day charge. I have sent them the copies of the receipts showing that I have paid and there was a zero balance. Nowhere on the receipts does it list a credit for the 3 day charge, but they still insist I owe it to them. They are holding next year's reservation hostage and say I will still have to pay the maintenance fee even though they won't let me stay until I pay. What can I do? I refuse to pay them twice for the rooms, I don't have that extra money laying around!

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Send them letter (certified, and if you can notified), or Fax so you will have some written approval. List all the evident you have said. Ask them to investigate and give you an answer in propor time frame.

Then, after that time frame, if no decision, send all this to the state local governemnent that resort resided.

Jya-Ning

lannlex

Reaction score
The tresort is in Mexico. Does anyone know if that makes a difference? It's Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what you described, I understand you have a check-out invoice showing you did not have a balance when you checked out, but haven't produced documentation that you were billed twice. If you have the original credit card invoices (received prior to the removal of the charges) I would suggest sending a copy of these invoices showing you were double billed.
Another option may be to obtain a copy of the disputed tranactions from the credit card company that would show the double billing prior to them removing charges.
In my dealings with the Pueblo Bonitos, they seem to be reasonable. I would think the proper documentation of the misunderstanding would resolve this.
Good luck!!!

lannlex

Reaction score
I did show them this but they say it was credited on the 2nd check out but nowhere on that bill does it show that amount or list a credit for 3 days. They say I have to show proof, not them. I have given them copies of my credit card receipts and both check-outs and the third receipt from the credit card company that I had removed. How can I make them show proof where they say they credited the 3rd charge? The charges for the days appear, and some charges to the room, but no credit for $750 that they claim I owe.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I did show them this but they say it was credited on the 2nd check out but nowhere on that bill does it show that amount or list a credit for 3 days. They say I have to show proof, not them. I have given them copies of my credit card receipts and both check-outs and the third receipt from the credit card company that I had removed. How can I make them show proof where they say they credited the 3rd charge? The charges for the days appear, and some charges to the room, but no credit for $750 that they claim I owe.

Have you sent them a credit card statement for the period in question. If they issued the credit it would show up on the statement. If it doesn't show up on the statement then the credit wasn't made.